MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well folks -

an update from the last post -

I hit a patch of oil on Labor Day and down went the Brutale 910 with me acting as the sponge between it and the road. I broke my collarbone, and now a month later - the doc says it is not healing and also crimping the arteries in my right arm.

So, Thursday, I underwent surgery and I had a titanium plate put in to help join the bone ends which were never going to meet.

I now lay here, feeling like crap, wishing for a speedy recovery. In the interim, me and the doc found what we had suspected - I have very weak, thin bones, and very thin blood.

So, due to this sad info, I have decided to prepare for the sale of my Aprilia Falco Streetfighter, and my Brutale 910S, as I think my recovery is going to be a very long process, and weak bones and thin blood typically isn't a good match for mortorcyle riding and the risks involved.

Perhaps next year after my long rehab, I will look into the Ducati GT1000, which seems more like a cruisin' laid back type of bike.

I will post pics on the forum of the bikes for sale, but I will be advertising them locally as well, hopefully to some lucky bloke who will get customized, primped and pampered, babied bikes for a good price.

oxoxox
Stay tuned,
Stacy

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
That is some sad news, Stacy. I hope your recovery goes well and you continue to check in with us from time to time. Good luck with the sale of your bikes.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Good luck. You're one of the major reasons I bought the Brutale after sharing a couple of emails with you.

God's Speed.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Sorry to hear that Stacy. Good luck with the bike sales and best wishes for a full recovery.

·
Registered
77 Posts
hang in there stacy, i wish you a speedy recovery. im glad to see your already thinking positively about another bike in the future :)

stay well!

maire

1 - 7 of 7 Posts