MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My company is covering an relocation rental car for a trip to Phoenix, AZ. I can get a full sized pick up truck from Enterprise to bring my MV to Phoenix. But, it's a crew cab and I'm not sure if the MV will fit. Actually, it will but I don't think I'll be able to get the gate up. I'm not sure if that causes any problems (both legally and transportation-wise). Any thoughts.

Enterprise's large pickups are a "Chevy Silverado, Ram 1500 Crew Cab, or similar." MV's length is 82.6 inches; The Silverado (and I'm assuming a standard bed) is 78.7 in.

·
Super Moderator
22,629 Posts
Ram 1500 Pickup

Plenty of room, just leave the tailgate down.

DSCN6017r.jpg
DSCN6003r.jpg

·
Registered
547 Posts
Friend of mine has a dual cab ford 150 which he carries his zx14 with the tail gate down. Based upon his bike you should not have an issue.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,629 Posts

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Follow up question. You know those minivans with the stow and go seating. Do you think the MV would fit in there? I noticed they had cargo hooks on the floor when I rented one for a trip to Phoenix.

·
Super Moderator
22,629 Posts
I HATE minivans....

So, I have no experience with them.

·
Registered
14,563 Posts
Follow up question. You know those minivans with the stow and go seating. Do you think the MV would fit in there? I noticed they had cargo hooks on the floor when I rented one for a trip to Phoenix.
:wtf:do you know how to use a tape measure? try measuring one:stickpoke

·
Registered
547 Posts
Minivan are the preferred choice for bike theives in stealing bikes from underground parking in Toronto so I guess it can transport a bike

·
Super Moderator
22,629 Posts
That's two slightly arced ramps.

If I am by myself, I set them side-by-side at a comfortable distance, start the bike, place it in first gear and use the engine to drive the bike up one ramp while walking myself up the adjacent ramp.

If I have a pusher, they help out.

DSCN6013r.jpg

DSCN6014r.jpg

DSCN6015r.jpg

DSCN6016r.jpg

·
Super Moderator
22,629 Posts
I use a Baxley Sport Chock in the bed of the truck....fabulous product!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Back of the truck mate. It will be fine. Baxley chock as was suggested is superb, but also tie down the rear of the bike from the frame to the sides so it won't "walk" on you side to side. It shouldn't, but don't rely on the chock itself. Tie downt the front as well.

Not sure about minivans, but friends with VW Eurovans fit their bikes in them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts