MV Agusta Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
I got a response by email from Omega. Here it is:

"This is in response to your request below. The parts listed below can be ordered with viton O-rings by adding "VITON" to the back of the part number and addind 10 cents to the price of the part. The part number's will be FT-LCD100-04-VITON and FT-LCD230-06-VITON.

Regards
Ed Corella
Flow Engineering
(800)872-9436 x2246
Fx: (203)968-7248
[email protected]

That's nice, but he didn't say anything about my current o-rings, or what to do.

James,
When I referred to the white plastic bits earlier on, I meant the plastic pieces internal to the metal replacement fittings. I was not aware you had the stock fittings still on your bike. Oh well, nevermind.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
they are trying to save 10 cents now? That sucks as I have spent at least 5 hours trying to figure out what was wrong and had the tank out so many times out of my bike that I broke the screw that holds it down, and my paint is discoloured becouse it was upside down on a blanket that had fuel on it and it somehow affected the paint on the tank :banghead: :violin: :bawling: :ahhh:
My bike is still down as I removed the fuel pump assembly diagnosing the problem and the oring got damaged in the process, I got a ducati kit coming and hopefully it will fit. When I removed the assembly the oring was slightly larger then what it was supposed to be so it got pinched during re assembly.
I guess I should be glad I wasnt paying someone by the hour to fix this as I would have had a rather large bill :baddeal:

·
Registered
358 Posts
mvmaui said:
they are trying to save 10 cents now?
A follow-up email from them said they would have someone get in touch with me about returning the fittings for replacements with the viton rings. I emailed back asking if they could just send the o-rings and save me the return shipping. I also asked if they list just the o-rings on their site. This is ridiculous. I did manage to find the 2 smaller o-rings (generic brand) at a local BMW/Triumph shop so I at least have those now. They had the larger o-rings which were official BMW parts at $2.20 apiece. I told them forget it, I ain't paying that kind of money just because they're BMW parts. I'll order the 100-pack for $7.00.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts