MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed lately that after a ride, short or long. When I turn the bike off, there is this low pitched noise for a couple of seconds and then it stops for about 5 seconds and then does it again. Last night I opened the the gas cap in the middle of the noise and it stopped immediately. Any ideas what it could be?

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
benzo_76 said:
I've noticed lately that after a ride, short or long. When I turn the bike off, there is this low pitched noise for a couple of seconds and then it stops for about 5 seconds and then does it again. Last night I opened the the gas cap in the middle of the noise and it stopped immediately. Any ideas what it could be?
It's exactly what you said it is, pressure escaping from slightly warm fuel/vapour, don't worry they all do it!! :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mikef4uk said:
It's exactly what you said it is, pressure escaping from slightly warm fuel/vapour, don't worry they all do it!! :)
What a relief. :highclap: I did notice a gas smell after the noise, I'm just glad it's normal and I don't have to shell out cash to get it fixed. Thanks Mike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts