MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas why my brute has begun to play up when I try to start her.the normal ritual is to turn the alarm off on the fob place key in ignition turn the key and press the starter button, now I turn the alarm off place key in ignition turn the key and the bike starts immediately without pressing the starter button.Any advice or ideas will be much appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
967 Posts
sounds like your starter switch/relay is stuck on ,try checking for continuity through the switch with a multimeter. That`s probably the easiest place to start.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Alfred you do realize you have to upgrade your leads all 3 of them on the 1078 the one that leads to the stater motor , the earth from the battery and the one to the solenoid get you auto electrician to make them up only cost me 30 dollars.this fixed a lot of issues

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Does the starter switch on the 1078 control the Sport/Normal mode like the newer bikes? If it still works for that it would eliminate the start button itself and move attention to the relay. If not, then I've learned a bit more about the 1078 :)

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
Does the starter switch on the 1078 control the Sport/Normal mode like the newer bikes? If it still works for that it would eliminate the start button itself and move attention to the relay. If not, then I've learned a bit more about the 1078 :)
Only one mode on the 1078's mate, FAST mode.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts