MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
skaluca said:
Hi guys,

wich tracks are there in Florida for practices?!

Have you ever hear about a new track, not so big but safe and ...nice !?

Let me know...

CIAO!
Hey Luca -- let us know when you're going to be in Florida -- we are ALL coming to watch!!

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
http://www.firstcoastracing.com/

This track should OWN any track in the USA...including Laguna Seca...

• automotive drag racing
• motorcycle drag racing
• sports car road racing
• formula or grand prix racing
• stock car road racing
• motorcycle road racing
• go kart racing
• sprint car racing
• oval short-track racing
• autocross
• motocross
• multi-platform racing

There's talk of trying to get it to be a Moto GP track....should be the nicest track in the US when complete...and thankfully, it's in my town.....

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Big difference depending on if you plan on renting the entire track, or just going to a track day.

Road Atlanta and Barber are not that far away. Hell, VIR isn't out of the question either, unless it's too cold up there.

I've never been to Jennings, but I hear good things.

GO SKALUCA! We're all behind you.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Easy question. Jennings! Jennings is a tack that is designed for motorcycles. Very safe and a blast to run on. I'm close to five other tracks but I'll only run Jennings. Stay away from Moroso. Let us know when your in Florida . You have a lot of fans here!

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I dig Jennings too....only been there once, but from what I recall, the track is VERY abrasive and eats tires.

Can't wait till that new track opens up though.....should be intense...

·
Registered
409 Posts
i hate again to diss agree with the masses but jennings is a hole in the wall . its all left handers. its kinda like someone just cleared a field an paved a mindless road into it . the woarse thing is that on a worked over mv he prob wont get out of 3rd gear , i was on it with a r1 an didnt do much out of 4th . Homestead has full race paddocks on a high class level a nascar oval to open her up on . nascar an formula one go there the place is a southern mecca for amenities . some decreasing radius turns to challenge ur mind on . Doug Polen used to like to come to Morosso in palm beach gardens to test . the track is better set up then jennings was real fast b4 the 2 kinks were put in an its pretty safe . i put in a 1 26 second lap there on a stock 96 zx6 just for the record , on my third free lap . its a fun track . Jennings sucks , i cased a 2003 r1 out there , all flat left hand turns bro not much to get wood over they have one big sweeper coming back onto the front straight that ur tires are so sick of going left before u get to it the front end just pushes an u cant get a good drive .

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Do they even open homestead to the public?

I was there for the Ferrari Challenge, and there were 5 ferrari FXXs' going around the track quite quickly. From what I saw the surface wasn't too high quality (better than normal roads, but no autobahn). If greg recommends jennings, then I must agree :)

(honestly greg, do you spend any time working?) :moped:

·
Registered
409 Posts
ama raced there but they charged the track $250,000 just to show up an did no pro mos . attendance was a major loss. the track owners said ok ur insane dont come back . when i raced CCS it was a regular stop there a few times a yr an still is . kawasaki did an american press intro to there zx10 when it came out not to long ago i caught that in road racing world . the road coarse is somewhat bike friendly but amenities are 1st class . i dont see kawasaki in the woods in north florida to intro there new rocket ship . the only prob is for us mere mortals is that its at the bottom of the civilized world < if u could call miami civillized >jennings is very short if u carry any speed there u wont get out of 3rd gear on that bike . atleast ur not in the woods taking a leak in a crooked portable . it is all my opion on the track lay out but it was not very challenging very boaring ride . trust me man jennings is a mess . i left daytona out for the obvious reasons any info gained there is useless the setup is unlike any setup ull use at any other track . but back in the day it use to be the spot to test ur manhood . everyone went there to try an tame that beast from all around the world . ask king carl foggarty he couldnt do it , but for a markecting stand point if someone took an MV an spanked the track record with , or even better do what DUCATI could never do there ..WIN .. he would be a god in the US racing circles . hang ur nuts out there an do daytona , cut times faster then when the ama does its tire tests in december it would be a MV revolution here ..sweet

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
logos1111 said:
ama raced there but they charged the track $250,000 just to show up an did no pro mos . attendance was a major loss. the track owners said ok ur insane dont come back . when i raced CCS it was a regular stop there a few times a yr an still is . kawasaki did an american press intro to there zx10 when it came out not to long ago i caught that in road racing world . the road coarse is somewhat bike friendly but amenities are 1st class . i dont see kawasaki in the woods in north florida to intro there new rocket ship . the only prob is for us mere mortals is that its at the bottom of the civilized world < if u could call miami civillized >jennings is very short if u carry any speed there u wont get out of 3rd gear on that bike . atleast ur not in the woods taking a leak in a crooked portable . it is all my opion on the track lay out but it was not very challenging very boaring ride . trust me man jennings is a mess . i left daytona out for the obvious reasons any info gained there is useless the setup is unlike any setup ull use at any other track . but back in the day it use to be the spot to test ur manhood . everyone went there to try an tame that beast from all around the world . ask king carl foggarty he couldnt do it , but for a markecting stand point if someone took an MV an spanked the track record with , or even better do what DUCATI could never do there ..WIN .. he would be a god in the US racing circles . hang ur nuts out there an do daytona , cut times faster then when the ama does its tire tests in december it would be a MV revolution here ..sweet
VERY AWESOME post....

*edit* HAHAHA, sweet, my post count is 1234

·
Registered
409 Posts
thanks for the compliment . just trying to offer some info . the people on this forum are 1st class an have got me up speed on my new mv in record time , any useless info i can offer is all urs . an oidn , dude , im gonna have bad dreams from that monkey in ur picture . wow .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts