MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you know
I apologize i just finished my other thread about the torque VS. HP :popcorn:
and I got to thinking :grin: (and if you guy feel me on this , please chime in. Because i know Big CC listens to us :yo: ).
I have now this deep urge to line my garage with MV hardware :highclap:
as i sit and wait for the 600 to come to life :stickpoke , i was thinking......
wouldn't it be nice to have an....uh ohh. dare i say it... V twin MVagusta :love: ??
it would be beautiful in the line up, huh. :naughty:
I would even buy it if it was a 800cc V twin that was an inline 600 killer.
Mr. CC :stickpoke , i have a bank account with your name specifically on it, please give me a reason to drain more out of it :drummer: !!!
Anyone else for italian domianace?? :hump:

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Hmmm... so you're looking for a bike with some MV-like features. Trellis frame? Superb handling? Incredible style maybe by the great Massimo Tamburini? And a V-twin motor?

I think that's already been done. They called it the Ducati 916. ;)

In Europe you can buy a Cagiva Raptor which has the Suzuki V-twin motor.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Yep, Tamburini chose the inline in the MV for a reason.

My favorite would be a V4 (or more!) but they too have serious packaging issues. They can be overcome as the GP bikes show, but it's expensive.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
luvtolean said:
Yep, Tamburini chose the inline in the MV for a reason.

My favorite would be a V4 (or more!) but they too have serious packaging issues. They can be overcome as the GP bikes show, but it's expensive.
+1 for the V4. I can't wait to see the Aprilia superbike, but the renderings I have seen so far have been butt ugly.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Italians love heritage, that's why Ducati sticks with twins and the obsolete Desmo valve train, Guzzi loves the "sideways" V-Twin, Benelli love triples and MV will stick with the race winning inline 4 design that carried them to many race victories.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
airfuel said:
Italians love heritage, that's why Ducati sticks with twins and the obsolete Desmo valve train, Guzzi loves the "sideways" V-Twin, Benelli love triples and MV will stick with the race winning inline 4 design that carried them to many race victories.
I didn't know Benelli had much of a history with triples. I thought their early GP wins were on singles and twins and didn't Walter Villa ride a 4-cylinder Benelli in the early 70's? Then there were the four and six-cylinder road bikes of the 70's but fill me in about the history of triples.

And, IIRC, MV had as many if not more GP wins with triples than fours.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I agree with emmvee... MV Agusta has history with Ago on inline
three cylinder GP Bikes(which sound FANTASTIC). It could be really
cool,an ultra light modern version of a single seat GP bike...but
would it sell & is Triumph already there??

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
mlawless said:
I agree with emmvee... MV Agusta has history with Ago on inline
three cylinder GP Bikes(which sound FANTASTIC). It could be really
cool,an ultra light modern version of a single seat GP bike...but
would it sell & is Triumph already there??
I guess they did OK with the 4 against Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki... Triumph should be no trouble.

Seriously, the success of the Triumph could actually help. Coming on the heels of the failed Benelli it may have been seen as just another Italian company trying to dredge up some past glories. But with the Triumph doing well, people accept the triple as bona-fide alternative. And the Triumph is nice but it's cheap. Good value -- hell, GREAT value. But it's not aimed at the MV market.

So yeah. Shave a cylinder off the 1,000 for a 750cc triple or better yet shave a cylinder off the 1100cc motor for a 860cc triple. That displacement and those power characteristics might would work best as a naked. Fatter power band than a four, more revs and thrills than a twin. ;) And NARROW??? Yes, indeed!

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I think an MV with a Vtwin sound coming out the back would be wierd. The MV looks like the car equivalent to an F1....art. So hearing something like that come out the back, would be wierd. IMO, vtwin = unrefined power. Even the Duc motor seems less refined than even a Jap 4 IMO...

·
Registered
299 Posts
At the risk of having people throw stones or empty wine bottles at me...
how about a 500cc inline three,supercharged,engine inclined to give a lower
center of gravity,as light as possible,with styling paying it respects to
late sixties MV racers...when it comes to ideas I could take for hours &
would love to bend the ears of the MV staff.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
mlawless said:
At the risk of having people throw stones or empty wine bottles at me...
how about a 500cc inline three,supercharged,engine inclined to give a lower
center of gravity,as light as possible,with styling paying it respects to
late sixties MV racers...when it comes to ideas I could take for hours &
would love to bend the ears of the MV staff.
Sounds good to me. :smoking: On the subject of V engines, I like them, I've got a Ducati myself as well as the MV, but for MV to make a V engine would be a departure from tradition. In line engines of 3,4 and 6 cylinders have been the stock in trade of Agusta for many years. Having said that the 'new' MV has no real tie with the company formerly based at Cascina Costa and I'd be pleased to see them produce engines of any configuration which were successful and competitive. :)

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
If it has to be a V it must be a 4 or 5 or 6. I actually really like V4's I raced a RVF honda for a couple of seasons, ...what an engine!
If you put history into it then a smaller triple would be cool.
Whatever the "gods" come up with it must REV and REV high,,, we want it to shriek.
My 20 cents.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
john said:
Sounds good to me. :smoking: On the subject of V engines, I like them, I've got a Ducati myself as well as the MV, but for MV to make a V engine would be a departure from tradition. In line engines of 3,4 and 6 cylinders have been the stock in trade of Agusta for many years. Having said that the 'new' MV has no real tie with the company formerly based at Cascina Costa and I'd be pleased to see them produce engines of any configuration which were successful and competitive. :)
Just to correct the History MV Agusta was based in Verghera, hence the MV for "Meccanica Verghera". In Cascina Costa was and is the Agusta Aviation based, nowadays Agusta-Westland. The military production, Planes and Helicopters, was under military protection. So was it for Conte Domenico Agusta just legal to protect his Racing team from spying and located the Racing Team in Cascina Costa.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
MV Agusta Motorcycles for the public where Singles, parallel Twins and Inline Fours. And since Conte Agusta didn't liked the Idea that Amateurs could buy his Bikes and perform in Competitions not winning, made him denying the Public raceable Bikes. That's why his famous 750's had not a chain drive for an example. That's why MV Agusta never produced the fabulous 500 R19. The Story could be extended.
The Racing Team, on the other hand, used everything what seamed to be successful, from two strokes to four strokers, from Singles over parallel Twins to Inline Triples, Fours and even Six Cylinders.
So what I want to say, things have dramatically changed. We can by a MV Agusta now with which we are as competitive as it gets. A thing what wouldn't be happen in the Past.
And let not forget the choice to equipe the new MV Agusta with an inline four was based on the Idea of a Cagiva Superbike, the Engine for it designed by Ferrari. Hence F.
So everything seams to be possible. But it will take time. So we have to be patient, the 600cc will be maybe presented at EICMA 2009. The F4 was presented at EICMA 1997. It hit the Market in 1999. What I want to say is that we talk about the next decade.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OKAAAAAAYYY!!!!!!!! :jsm:
i'm sorry. :shitfan: no V-twin. :stir: geeeez. :nutkick:
i just wanted to try something different in this chassis with this marquee. :cry:
i do like the the sound of a triple :naughty: or that supercharged 500 :yo: , that would be sweet.
(My apologies for the offensive email thread created upon my behalf :later: )
:)
Tree

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
TreeMV said:
OKAAAAAAYYY!!!!!!!! :jsm:
i'm sorry. :shitfan: no V-twin. :stir: geeeez. :nutkick:
i just wanted to try something different in this chassis with this marquee. :cry:
i do like the the sound of a triple :naughty: or that supercharged 500 :yo: , that would be sweet.
(My apologies for the offensive email thread created upon my behalf :later: )
:)
Tree

HOLY EMOTICONS BATMAN!

:ahhh: :ahhh:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts