MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty sure this is a noob question, but did a search and couldn't find it.

Why is there no redline on the tach face?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Red line and rev limit point are separated by quite a bit...odd that it doesn't have it on the tach. It's definitely deliberate...just wondering why...

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Red line and rev limit point are separated by quite a bit...odd that it doesn't have it on the tach. It's definitely deliberate...just wondering why...
The shift light quite clearly indicates when you get near the limit, it will start glowing almost a 1000rpm before you hit the actual cut out on my bike. Not sure if it's the same on all models though.
As to why they left it out, I think it looks better without the extras, the designer probably thought so too.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
That way when someone comes up and looks at it they lose their minds at the rev counter, even if our street form bikes never go up that high.

Its happened a few times to me personally.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Because less is more.

·
Registered
926 Posts
A redline would ruin the beautiful yellow dial on my 750.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Thread resurrection time! I've got my starlane GP dash with a choice of 13000 or 15000 tacho. Anyone know where the rev limiter light starts to come on a F41000R , v(ive actually got a Senna 1000.) and where the real rev limit is? My stock clocks tell me to ahift at about 12000rpm. And you see the thing with the supercool gp dash is the first 6000rpm are all grouped into a small area, and then the 6000 to the uper limit are scaled up in detail. So... 15000 was a bit crap because I was just wasting about 2 inches... But now some websites tell me redline on a senna is higher then 13000, so possibly i may have an issue. So what is the 'real' actual useable rev limit to help me decide.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Thread resurrection time! I've got my starlane GP dash with a choice of 13000 or 15000 tacho. Anyone know where the rev limiter light starts to come on a F41000R , v(ive actually got a Senna 1000.) and where the real rev limit is? My stock clocks tell me to ahift at about 12000rpm. And you see the thing with the supercool gp dash is the first 6000rpm are all grouped into a small area, and then the 6000 to the uper limit are scaled up in detail. So... 15000 was a bit crap because I was just wasting about 2 inches... But now some websites tell me redline on a senna is higher then 13000, so possibly i may have an issue. So what is the 'real' actual useable rev limit to help me decide.
Let me check my original mapping, I'm pretty sure the limiter light starts coming on at 12 700rpm for your bike, same as on 1000R.
Ok, redline would have been around 12 700rpm, the default ignition cut is at 13 500rpm.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Thanks donsy. I think i can bear to miss the final 500 rpm rather then have an entire 1500rpm of inactivity on the dash leds. Cool thx. 13000 clocks it is then.

·
Registered
786 Posts
did you just buy the starlane or have you had it for a while. I want one
Ive had tge starlane for a few months, bought off the forum. Turns out I was sold a lemon although I have no doubt the seller thought it was fully working condition. Before a cast any negativity about the starlane though I will say this is a 10 year old model and used condition. First the internal memory was dead which I have diagnosed and repaired. Then the speedo stopped suddenly about 10 km after first use. This was using the signal from the bike. After approaching starlane they said the bikes signal could be too noisey and to use their aftermarket speed speedo which reads the bolts in the brake disc. Last night with the multimeter I am getting a nice strong signal off the new speed reader all the way through the loom and into the clocks. Still no speed. The circuit that receives the speed signal would seem to be broken.

My advice, buy a new one!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts