MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you decide something in your live you always have to make options. You can decide according to “feedbacks and reviews”, you can decided about price, you can decide about opinions.....and all of that options are great and, sometimes, the better ones. But.....how about passion, how about history, how about design. How about love....
That is the reason I have one MV Agusta. It is different and special.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Yep, bang on, Luis.

Most sales gurus will profess that 'emotion' is a major component of buying.

I have been a Honda devotee for all my riding life (50 years). You will note from my signature that I have 5 Hondas. BUT, I also have 1 MV Agusta.

I was driven to that by emotion. I knew nothing of MVs, save for Agostini's accomplishments at the Isle of Mann, and from my seeing him race at Calder Park in Melbourne, Australia.

On first seeing MVs F4 (probably late 90s) I knew I wanted one. The looks were/still are, captivating. the signature 4 exhausts beneath the seat was new and different. It remains an MV icon.

The opportunity to buy one arose many years later - early this year in fact. I purchased it purely based on emotion and maybe a few 'bragging rights'.

Not everyone can own an MV Agusta.

We are the protectors of the species!0:)0:)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Massimo Tamburini and Claudio Castiglioni have both left their mark in the world.
Tamburini is the Italian Motorcycle design master, and Castiglioni had a dream...and that dream “is alive”. It was a petty he died without seen it. But life is like this, tasty but sometimes also unfair. Like bikes ?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yep, bang on, Luis.

Most sales gurus will profess that 'emotion' is a major component of buying.

I have been a Honda devotee for all my riding life (50 years). You will note from my signature that I have 5 Hondas. BUT, I also have 1 MV Agusta.

I was driven to that by emotion. I knew nothing of MVs, save for Agostini's accomplishments at the Isle of Mann, and from my seeing him race at Calder Park in Melbourne, Australia.

On first seeing MVs F4 (probably late 90s) I knew I wanted one. The looks were/still are, captivating. the signature 4 exhausts beneath the seat was new and different. It remains an MV icon.

The opportunity to buy one arose many years later - early this year in fact. I purchased it purely based on emotion and maybe a few 'bragging rights'.

Not everyone can own an MV Agusta.

We are the protectors of the species!
My father worked 20 years at Honda Portugal. My wife has one Honda. Honda is great. But, like you described, MV is different....unique

·
Registered
5,578 Posts

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Why MV? simple... you see the motorcycle and you're sold.
Atleast thats what happened in my case. I was looking for an A2(48hp) motorcycle, and the MV showed up with a simple software rev limiter put at 48hp.

SOLD.. bought it, coudnt be happier. Within 2 weeks from now I got my final exam to get unrestricted power, and boy-o-boy shjt's about to get real. From 48hp to 128hp.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
. . . I was looking for an A2(48hp) motorcycle, and the MV showed up with a simple software rev limiter put at 48hp.

. . . Within 2 weeks from now I got my final exam to get unrestricted power, and boy-o-boy shjt's about to get real. From 48hp to 128hp.
I couldn't imagine riding mine so restricted. You will be in for one hell of an awakening!!>:)>:)

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
Everything is for sale at the right price. However, since no one will pay my price it isnt for sale
Sounds like a sad story if that is your 'why' you own an MV...

·
Super Moderator
22,324 Posts
George's story is certainly not a sad one.....

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
When I start this topic was all about MV. Not buy, sell. But Ok. However is it possible to know why MV Agusta. That is what I want to know and I think the rest of the people. You could talk about helicopters......you know what I mean ?

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
When I start this topic was all about MV. Not buy, sell. But Ok.
I understand your point, but I do think that in fairness, many of us appreciate the 'investment factor' in our MV that is on a much higher scale than the average Honda etc. (Note that I own 5 Hondas so there is no bias or criticism in my point)

I believe that the perceived 'value' of owning an MV is more than just riding it, and therefore it is realistic to price our bike as we wish. In a buyer's market if someone won't pay an asking price, we can hardly criticise the seller.

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
The thing is...there is already such a kind of topic. Maybe we should use that one.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
The thing is...there is already such a kind of topic. Maybe we should use that one.
With the greatest respect, surely a member shouldn't be discouraged from posting his point of view as a basis for discussion?

This is hardly the same as a 'What sort of oil should I use?' post, and much more informative as it gives members a closer insight into fellow members' motive for purchase.

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
With the greatest respect, surely a member shouldn't be discouraged from posting his point of view as a basis for discussion?

This is hardly the same as a 'What sort of oil should I use?' post, and much more informative as it gives members a closer insight into fellow members' motive for purchase.
No... but I would encourage new members to dig a little in the forum and then actually give some existing threads more traction. I think the thread is called tell your MV Agusta story. Which is a nice way to put the why.

Edit: here you go!

https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/16-general-talk-media/61258-tell-your-mv-story.html

Reactions: silentservice703

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
No... but I would encourage new members to dig a little in the forum and then actually give some existing threads more traction. I think the thread is called tell your MV Agusta story. Which is a nice way to put the why.
Yep, fair enough Max Vel. I have contributed to that thread.

As a reasonably new member myself, I recall feeling overwhelmed at the 'breadth' of this forum because it is fragmented into so many 'sub-forums' to make navigation simpler. I think when we're new, we bypass so many threads that might recently have gone stale, so, in our haste to participate, we launch a new thread of similar nature. As a long-standing member yourself you've probably seen this over and over again.

In fact, I recall doing exactly that when I was seeking info and didn't spend enough time looking into that wonderful resource of Donsy's Manuals!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts