MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I say one Oro only make it to $14,000 with the reserve not met.

This one with only 4 miles did not even make it to $10,000.

2013 MV Agusta F3 675 Oro

·
Registered
5,096 Posts
How much are '14 F3-800's going for? If they're in the same ballpark, could be that a 'limited edition' 675 is less desirable than a regular 800.

·
Registered
5,096 Posts
As far as limited edition motorcycles, it seems to me that when a manufacturer puts out a limited edition of their highest spec model, it does better than a limited edition of a lower spec model. Ducati, for example, put out two limited edition Monsters in the mid-2000's using their lowest spec model (Monster 620) and not only did they not sell particularly well when new, neither held value well. Thus, since the F3-675 is the lowest spec model of the F3 series (though maybe it was the only F3 in 2013), it may not hold value if my theory is applicable.

·
Registered
635 Posts
R1 Andrew i can give you several that will keep plenty of people away...

Reliability
Dealer support
Plenty of online and magazine articles talking about how shit the fueling is, and worthless the TC and other things are on the bike.

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
R1 Andrew i can give you several that will keep plenty of people away...

Reliability
Dealer support
Plenty of online and magazine articles talking about how shit the fueling is, and worthless the TC and other things are on the bike.
I have a F3 Ago. So I have no problem with the fueling or TC.

Dealer support? I have a set of balls and do most all the maintenance myself. Not like the Millennials which need an app to tell them how to feel good about themselves and what to like.

Reliability, like most Limited editions. I really doubt that most will ever get many miles on them.

If I had the money I would get one in a heart beat.

·
Registered
635 Posts
if there is no warranty to void i will do all my own work as well, and prior to this bike I fabricated all kinds of goodies and mods for my rides.

Limited edition should never mean less reliable, we are way past the point in motorcycles that there should EVER be issues such as cranks snapping in R1's, Dropping valves on F3's, or other major issues some of the other major brands have had, ductai, BMW, kawasaki, triumph.

beside the paint on the F3 ORO & a signature there really is nothing to say that makes it special, more like the base models are lackign a bit for the $ (no ohlins suspension or forged wheels)

As for millenials, they like the idea of owning and riding more than actually doing it...

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I say one Oro only make it to $14,000 with the reserve not met.

This one with only 4 miles did not even make it to $10,000.

2013 MV Agusta F3 675 Oro

Andrew, the bike you linked to was originally a Canadianbike. The dealer had been asking $32,000 CND but I understand it sold foraround $26000 CND.

Knowing all the problems I have had with my early model F3 andseeing as I never rev it over 10,000 rpm’s now hoping to avoid valve failure Iget the reluctance to pay a premium for the ORO. I agree, I’d have bought onein heart beat given the cost of the upgrades but… I’m now an older, wiser, outof work and BROKE rider. As much as I may lust after an ORO, I’d not pay theasking price just for it to sit on display.

·
Administrator
20,396 Posts
Hi @Stephen W. ..... haven't seen you around here in a while. Hope all is OK.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Hi @Stephen W. ..... haven't seen you around here in a while. Hope all is OK.

Hi Ed, thanks for remembering me. I’ve stayed away becausethis site is terrible for me.

• It never remembers me so I have to constantly login, sometimes within minutes just changing threads.
  • Because I’m not logged in I get all that crapdown the right side and annoying videos etc.
  • There are a couple of arrogant a$$hats on here whofigure that if you cannot afford a garage full of toys then you do not deserveto own an MV. These people pi$$ed me off once too often.
  • I’m still having issues with my F3 stalling andI’ve given up on trying to get help here in Canada. (Not to mention the fear ofdropping a valve out of warranty.)
  • And then of course there is my termination afternearly 34 years of faithful service.
  • I can’t find “similar work” in the area I live plusnobody is looking to hire some old guy nearing retirement age.
  • Now I’m into a legal action against my former employerthat when I win I’ll lose over 1/3 of whatever is awarded in unrecoverable fees.
That makes me one unhappy camper these days. But, thanks forasking. :laugh:

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Very sorry to hear Stephen.

·
Super Moderator
22,648 Posts
That's a tough row to hoe, Stephen.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Goes without saying that I am totally biased when it comes to the ORO. Everyone entitled to opinions. Couple of things I think worth mentioning in this discussion as someone who has one.

the ORO can't be called a paint job special. Viz suspension, exhaust, rearsets, carbon, etc. We all love to drool over how gorgeous our MVs are. Take a look at the side plates on the ORO in the flesh and be blown away by the meticulous machined finish. Yip we'd all love to have seen magnesium, but to me this is perfection.

Residuals across the board on MV right now are CRAP. As they were the last time we saw the company in difficulties. A bit like the weather in scotland if you don't like it just wait it will soon change! In. A few years time I will probably still have mine, because I value it higher than some of the other "specials" in the family. At the end of the day there are less than 200 now. 4 or 5 in the uk. (Hens teeth!) the 675 ORO will be remembered as the "first" in the line and the first are always the most sought after by collectors.

BTW MV are today honouring warranty to repaint a newest spec tank for my ORO to address the smallest of paint blisters. they see it as something's special!

All the best for the season.

Dave

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't care what others have said. If I could afford on, I would have it in a heart beat.

·
Registered
76 Posts
BTW MV are today honouring warranty to repaint a newest spec tank for my ORO to address the smallest of paint blisters. they see it as something's special!
What? MV refused warranty on my 2015 Dragster RR's tank saying that they couldn't replace it because they no longer make that color. Yet Oro tanks are still being made? Sounds like I'm being given the runaround...

·
Registered
984 Posts
In Europe, I can not see that the price of the F3 Oro has gone down. I will be ready to buy when prices drop. It is the optimal three-cylinder MV to have in a collection. To me, the prettiest MV produced after 2010.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Andrew, I almost owned the Oro you speak of, missed it by a phone call, was the high bidder a couple of times it was auctioned, I guess it wasn't meant to be...

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Saw one in Charlotte at the dealer when they first came out. And like stated here, the fit and finish is outstanding.

Masis
If you get one I will buy it from you when you decide to sell it:stickpoke

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Saw one in Charlotte at the dealer when they first came out. And like stated here, the fit and finish is outstanding.

Masis
If you get one I will buy it from you when you decide to sell it:stickpoke
You know that will be, like a week after I get it!!!:surprise:

Reactions: R1andrew
1 - 20 of 20 Posts