MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, so this is a long story, and I need to rant it to someone. Thanks for listening.

Last September I walked into Gold Coast Motorsports in New Hyde Park, NY, looking to buy an F4 750, because I can't afford a 1000 and because they're too fast anyway. For some reason, Avi, the sales manager, treated me like child (I was 23 at the time) and basically thought I wasn't serious. He told me to "get out of his store and stop wasting his time". So I left and bought my MV from Ducati of NY in Manhattan.

Fast Forward to last Friday. My bike needs a new chain, and I am going to do a 520 conversion at the same time. My bike is 2 miles from Gold Coast, so I thought I'de stop in to talk about getting the service done, as I didn't want to drive it far with the loose chain (see my other thread). Avi remembered me, but said there were no hard feelings.

So I ask them to price out the chain and sprockets, and I buy 4 quarts of Agip 4T and an oil filter from them on the spot. In passing, I mention I am going to order a rear stand and PCIII from Ferracci eventually, and Danny, the Parts Manager, says I should order through him because they can give me a discount if I buy a lot of stuff as a package, and I will save on shipping. So I tell him what I want and he says he'll call me later in the week with a quote, and that they'll do something "really special" for me.

When he finally calls me, he reads me the prices exactly off Ferracci's website. So I ask him about the supposed "really special" package and he ignores the question. So I call the service department and schedule a day to bring in the bike for the chain service. The guy downstairs acted like I was wasting his time and hung up on me 2 seconds after we agreed I would bring the bike in on Saturday. So I call Danny again in parts to ask him to order me the chain and sprockets we discussed. He tells me that they have decided to pass on the opportunity to service my bike because my standards are too high and they don't think they can please me. Now, I am 100% SHOCKED. This guy gave me a whole smoke and mirrors show about how he was my friend and was going to hook me up, and then he pulls this, trying to blame me for being unpleasable?

So I ask to speak to the manager to figure out WTF just hapenned, and Avi comes on the phone, the same guy who wouldn't sell me a bike in the first place. Avi gets all aggressive saying how they don't give discounts, ignoring the fact that his parts manager tried to entice my business with a discount, not that I was begging. "Are you willing to pay MSRP or not?" he asked multiple times.

Finally I decided to screw these guys. I'm going to replace the chain and sprockets myself. I'll learn and I can spend the labor cost on buying a rear stand.

Again, Thanks for listening.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Wow, thanks for sharing. Sounds like they lost a good customer from bad service. Truly unfortunate, their loss, not yours. I'm sure many people here can assist with any questions about the chain & sprocket!!

·
Not very lucky..
1,431 Posts
First off, you did good IMHO by giving them a second chance at your business. Sometimes poop happens and you try to give people chances. Now that these other situations occurred, definitely never go back no matter what. Even if others have very positive experiences, they have shown that they will not do business specifically with you.

That is my opinion........ :nutkick:

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Wow.

I agree with Darkside, well done for giving them another chance, kinda sad they are dicking you over. Not even just one guy...but a couple.

·
Registered
57 Posts
If his story is accuate, screw them. I don't need to pay MSRP for bad service. Plenty of other people will take my money with a smile.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Gold Coast Motorsports..... hard-ons!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Didn't Avi used to work over at cycletherapy? [quite possibly the worst mcycle shop in the whole world, I kid you not] In my experience GC are real sheisters.... and I never go there for anything - actually most of the bike shops in NYC are total crap - NYC Ducati are an exception [at the moment] The only other shops I really like are out of the metropolitan area - Cliff's in Danbury CT, Rockwell are ok - invariably I know tons more about parts and the bikes than any of the employees, which makes me sad for the future of our sport.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Amazing how different people have different experiences.
I've been a customer there for a while and have nothing but praise for them. Twice I have stopped by there unannounced and mentioned some small issues with my 910, only to have them take the bike in the back and service it immediately.
I tortured Avi for months looking at the Brutale before I bought it and he was always pleasent & helpful, including test rides.
Based on my experience, I would recommend them.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I don't know these guys and haven't had any experience with their store. All I can say is "speed of the captain is the speed of the ship". If the General Manager gives you a rough time, I wouldn't expect better service from the staff.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Sorry to hear that, I to dealt with Avi when I was purchasing my F4 and he to treated me like a complete jerk. I drove up from NJ with cash in hand for 2002 F4, hassled me and did not budge on pricing or any accessories I was going to by. Instead, I drove to NC and got a deal of a life time.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Gold Coast Motorsports

Ok Guys, I have to respond to this.I bought my 06 1000s f4 from GOLD COAST last July , I traded in an 04 Triumph Speed Triple,also bought from them. They allowed me 1500 over book on the Triumph.Price for the MV 21,800. Two weeks go by bring the bike in for its first service everything is good,they install mid pipe,RG3 silencer and PC III do two complimentry dyno pulls one before one after mods.no charge for install as the parts were purchased with the bike. One week later I am loading the bike to go to Mid-Ohio ,the bike falls off the ramp and one front brake rotor gets bent.I go to Gold Coast the next morning,bike in trailer on my way to Mid-Ohio . I talked to Stephen Scwebber one of the owners and explane my situation . They took a new bike off the showroom removed a front rotor and installed it on my bike.Needless to say they saved my Vacation and made it possible for me ride during the track time. What other Dealer would have done this? For me they went beyond the "Call of Duty" Last November I purchased a carbon kit from them MV course parts, they shaved $250 off the price. So my experience with them has always been excellent Steve A

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
four pipes said:
Ok Guys, I have to respond to this.I bought my 06 1000s f4 from GOLD COAST last July , I traded in an 04 Triumph Speed Triple,also bought from them. They allowed me 1500 over book on the Triumph.Price for the MV 21,800. Two weeks go by bring the bike in for its first service everything is good,they install mid pipe,RG3 silencer and PC III do two complimentry dyno pulls one before one after mods.no charge for install as the parts were purchased with the bike. One week later I am loading the bike to go to Mid-Ohio ,the bike falls off the ramp and one front brake rotor gets bent.I go to Gold Coast the next morning,bike in trailer on my way to Mid-Ohio . I talked to Stephen Scwebber one of the owners and explane my situation . They took a new bike off the showroom removed a front rotor and installed it on my bike.Needless to say they saved my Vacation and made it possible for me ride during the track time. What other Dealer would have done this? For me they went beyond the "Call of Duty" Last November I purchased a carbon kit from them MV course parts, they shaved $250 off the price. So my experience with them has always been excellent Steve A

Steve, its great to see you posting finally!

btw, I've ordered the parts I need, so I would appreciate it if I could borrow your rear wheel nut like we discussed. I'll call you sometime soon. Thanks!

·
Registered
822 Posts
Avi is one of the owners, not the sales manager, and you're right, he can be a dick. I always deal with Steve, the other owner. Sorry to hear about your experince, I guess I am recieving special treatment as a result of my families prior business with them, as they have always treated me great.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
i think that guys who get great service should "mention" the comments on the forum and remind them that bad news travels 4times as fast as good news. i'm sure it can be done in a way that you don't compromise your good treatment. truth is, the dealer loses out the most. especially considering how much money you have to be dealing with when it comes to MV anyways..

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
frenaugo said:
We have not heard the other side of the story yet but accepting this version;

How unprofessional, this must be a third rate poorly managed outlet? :jsm:

There is no excuse at all for being rude at any time, specially in the retail environment and when they are trying to take your money at 35/50 % margin.

Respect for your source of income is important, they obviously have too much business and another outlet is probably required in the vicinity?

:stickpoke

To be honest, Danny, the parts manager, was very polite even as he was telling me they didn't want my business. I felt Danny was two-faced though, as he was the guy offering me the package deal, as well as the guy who said they didn't want my business. Avi and the service guy were the only guys who were outright rude.

And the only other outlet in the area just stopped being an MV dealer.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Danny may have offered you a package deal and when he went to clear it with one of the owners they were the ones who killed it. I spoke to Ave once, before I bought my Brutale. He seemed OK, but I have had no dealings with them other than on the phone.

CAG

·
Registered
181 Posts
WOW! Sorry to hear about your experience. I've always had good experiences at the dealership. Avi takes good care of me as I ended up buying both my MV's from them because of their customer service. I've been to Cliffs and Manhattan Duc but I still deal with Gold Coast. I can agree about the discount part though. I get a couple bucks off here and there, but I deal with them mostly for the service and care I get, not so much the price. I can't understand why they would treat you like that. Their loss, I suppose.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
CAG said:
Danny may have offered you a package deal and when he went to clear it with one of the owners they were the ones who killed it. I spoke to Ave once, before I bought my Brutale. He seemed OK, but I have had no dealings with them other than on the phone.

CAG
I can understand that one of the owners could have vetoed any sort of discount, but that doesn't mean they have to tell me they want to pass on the opportunity to service my bike. That's the part that I don't understand.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Well if they say your "standards are too high" it makes me wonder just how low they set their own... I think I'd choose not to give my money to a dealer with that kind of attitude.

Si

1 - 20 of 20 Posts