MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I never ride with people I don't know and trust......on every large ride I've been on someone has crashed, usually into someone else
I never ride other people's bikes, there are some exceptions
Bikes built by Mike Haney, Eddie Crowell, the Toomey brothers, Russ Collins, Fritz Egli and Seppi Arnold
The only person I'll allow to work on my bike the above 7, supervised by me
Unsupervised by me, the last 3......I trust them with my life

Because people do shit like this.......

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
Nobody works on my bikes unless it's under warranty, then I go over it like a monkey looking for fleas!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Couldn’t agree more.

Took my Diavel to the main dealer for its first service as its under warranty. They loosened the chain out of spec, it was slapping the swingarm on the way home from dealership. Then the oil level was wrong, I had to add 0.4L of oil.

So I paid £190 for first service but had to reset my chain and top up oil. Doesn’t inspire any confidence whatsoever and that from a main dealer. I do all my other bikes myself and will be doing this from now on. To be honest it doesn’t surprise me in the least, I’ve had a lot of shody experiences with garages over the years cars and bikes.

Problem is this bike has a stupid service reset indicator that is main dealer only, no aftermarket software yet afaik!

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
. . . So I paid £190 for first service but had to reset my chain . . .
. . .
Same here. Paid MV service centre for service. Returned to collect bike and noted the chain looked tighter than a guitar string. Sure enough, it was. Had to show 'alleged' technician and get it rectified before I left.

Is it now wonder owners can unwittingly end up with hub problems?

By the way, Noel, how the heck did the front disc end up beside the caliper?:surprise:

·
Registered
225 Posts
By the way, Noel, how the heck did the front disc end up beside the caliper?:surprise:
It can happen quite easily when you insert the rear wheel if the disc catches the pad and shifts it across on its pins. I did it on my Caponord once but noticed it straight away. Usually trying to balance the wheel and get chain back on sprocket etc can be awkward although it should be a lot easier on a single swinger. Letting a bike out like that is a totally different thing, how would you not test rotation and brake after re-fitting rear wheel and carry out a visual inspection.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Noel doesn't have time to ride anyway with all those gorgeous women hanging off him😂

·
Registered
14,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
?

The only motorcycle shop I ever worked in was for F.W. Egli in Switzerland
You brought your bike in for tires......Michael the service manager removed the wheels
Seppi, the workshop boss changed the tires and balanced them, so your Mg wheels didn't get scratched
Michael remounted them, Seppi wiped them down with lacquer thinner, put his leathers on and made
some passes on the test road:Bettwiller Landstrasse, Google it
Your tires had been correctly mounted, balanced and scrubbed in by the workshop boss
NOT THE LOWEST PAID DICKHEAD IN THE SHOP AS IS NORMAL

No one was allowed to touch the balancing machine except Seppi, he started there as an apprentice
and worked his way to the top......he had workshop key #1, I had/have #2, the Alsacian maniac Jean-Paul had #3
Fritz's key didn't have a number on it......the keys also worked the pumps at the gas station when it was closed
Wouldn't have even thought about using mine at the gas station
My asshole brother, Fritz and I in front of the shop......my room was the far right window on the 2nd floor

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Egli

The only motorcycle shop I ever worked in was for F.W. Egli in Switzerland
You brought your bike in for tires......Michael the service manager removed the wheels
Seppi, the workshop boss changed the tires and balanced them, so your Mg wheels didn't get scratched
Michael remounted them, Seppi wiped them down with lacquer thinner, put his leathers on and made
some passes on the test road:Bettwiller Landstrasse, Google it
Your tires had been correctly mounted, balanced and scrubbed in by the workshop boss
NOT THE LOWEST PAID DICKHEAD IN THE SHOP AS IS NORMAL

No one was allowed to touch the balancing machine except Seppi, he started there as an apprentice
and worked his way to the top......he had workshop key #1, I had/have #2, the Alsacian maniac Jean-Paul had #3
Fritz's key didn't have a number on it......the keys also worked the pumps at the gas station when it was closed
Wouldn't have even thought about using mine at the gas station
My asshole brother, Fritz and I in front of the shop......my room was the far right window on the 2nd floor
Agree with your comments about letting others work on your bike. Had my Ducati GT750 serviced by a dealer many years ago and came back to find the amal carb hanging off. Blamed the apprentice. Also had tyres changed and returned so out of balance the vibration was dangerous.
Interested in your experience working for Fritz Egli as I have an Egli Honda 750R which I am currently rebuilding.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts