MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was this MV 's decision ,ferracci's ,AMA 's ??? the monster up hill battle these guys have just taken on hit me today they have 4 months to build a superbike out of a bike Ferracci might have first touched in October ??? wow . susuki slaughtered people in the game for years last year . i wonder if ama told them no way on superstock an left them with only one choice ?

·
Registered
237 Posts
NO doubt it has a lot to do with Ferracci's history of racing in Superbike. More exposure too.

Plus Suzuki has been winning the last few years becuase they were cheating.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Notto said:
NO doubt it has a lot to do with Ferracci's history of racing in Superbike. More exposure too.

Plus Suzuki has been winning the last few years becuase they were cheating.

Eraldo cheats too, thank god.........Ha Ha hE....

Hedges-

FBD

P.S. Spalding12-I owe you an apology, I'll PM you.......
Style_one- I hope your back on the road, and if you are, I'd like a photo......
AnotherMVfanatic-I am only on my 2nd guinness-so I can still type, I'll email you later tonight....
PEET- I owe you a PM as well, forgive me...
....................And to everyone else, I havent participated lately, but I have been lurking and I love you all!...

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Seriously. Stock for stock, the MV simply outclasses and outperforms the GSXR, as evidenced by the european sstk. Now, you put Ferracci's name on the same bike built to superbike spec....I don't think there should be any problems.

Well, there is one....you'll be in traffic with guys with the names Spies, Hodgeson, and Mladin on thier leathers...that may pose an issue for some....

·
Registered
503 Posts
Good question, but is it any easier to beat Japan Inc. in superstock where they have been refining production bikes to win on Sunday and sell on Tuesday for years? :bash:

Maybe your odds are better when you are allowed the freedom to apply some skill and knowledge towards building a racebike without being totally restricted. Just my $0.02 :jerkoff:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no question its a ballsy move to jump right into superbike , but something smells here . they first announced they wanted superstock , an put it to ama to decide . ill bet they were turned down an told to take that beast to superbike . which if its true isnt cool let japan catch up with mv , foarce them to offer a better product . i thought it was race what u can build an sell 300 units an ur in the game ??? not "oh u put breaks on that thing that are to high end or i dont get ur back torque limiting system , ur pushing air where ?" which are the rumors im hearing . the 1000r in stock form will stomp any japan built bike on a track . would of been fun to watch .

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I think Superstock would be a better place to start simply because Luca has more experience with that version of the bike.

I don't think anyone has built and raced a full on MV superbike yet? It's going to be difficult I think to get right up to speed in the beginning. If there are no major holdups and the bike can get competitive power, then they have a good chance I think. But it's not peanuts to develop a superbike.

We've seen fast privateers finish in the top 10 with basically superstock bikes though. I'm sure Luca could do at least that.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
aren't only one of these covered on SpeedTV? the only races i see are motoGP/250, ama (the one with mladin'/spies in it). i never see the supersport (600's) or anything else. maybe i'm missing something, but i'm curious.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Superstock is also covered on SpeedTV.

I think it's crazy but I'm looking forward to the show!!!!!!!!!!!!! Considering Matt Lynn and Luca were chosen I think they are looking long term. Think of the SBK and SSTK riders who are/were avail at the time of announcement. Put the money into developing the bike and team while investing time in the riders and I think we have a longer term winning package for SOME sort of SBK class SOMEWHERE. :nutkick: ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts