MV Agusta Forum banner

Did you buy it for love of...

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Brutale. The bike. Period.

I'm not very interested in other MV's than Brutale. Althou the badge does improve the appeal a little bit. Probably wouldn't have bought it if it would have said "hyosung"... On the other hand, if hyousung would have such exclusive and beautiful bikes, the brand might be a bit more 'sexy' ?

·
Registered
876 Posts
I first saw the Tuono in 03. I liked it's curves but being an ignorant Honda loyalist, I was put off by the price. When it was time for something new last year I went to look at the new ones. It was way too tall for me. The saleman said check this bike out. It was the silver Brute with FBF exhaust. I rode it. I almost flipped it over a few blocks from the store. I loved the fact that it scared me. Couldn't stop thinking about it so I went back and saw the orange one. The rest is obvious.

Almost flipped it again tonight. I don't understand why but occasionally it comes up way quicker than usual. Probably just my skills are shit.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Like a lot of things in life you tend to find that if it looks good then you have a closer look. ( got a wife this way also )

I went into a bike shop to see a fellow that had bought another bike off me in a private sale.

the first thing I noticed was this bike ( MV ) up on a stand.

Had a look and a listen and 6 weeks later took it for a test ride.

It now lives in my shed..............................

·
Jason + Stanley Knife + D.I.Y = Casualty and
1,061 Posts
always loved the f4

just didn't want a 750 due to the fact i rode a sports 600 then moved to a 1000 v twin so only feel for a mv had to be 1000 didn't want to step down on size

·
Registered
968 Posts
Whilst either an F4 or a Brutale is a good enough bike to warrant my purchase, I bought mine for both the bike and the name.

The best bikes from the best name - everyone wins twice!

·
Registered
593 Posts
I went to a motorshow just to look. I saw the 1098s and was reeally impressed but a bit behind it there was a mv agusta. Just in a second we ran to the mv and I bought it and a friend of mine bought one too:D

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
got my bike license in '04.... started reading BIKE and TWO in London....read them cover to cover. Saw the Brutale in a review (i think a review). Summary section in the back summed it up in a few words, the one that caught me was 'exclusive'. So I'd always wanted one since.... here in TK the dealer is quite close, so there ya go!

(then i get on to this damn forum, this funny white F4 pops up, I ask, and peer pressure sent me to get my 2nd....ugh. expensive forum, this one.....)

·
Registered
647 Posts
The first time i saw a brutale i knew (promised myself) i'd own 1 some day. Simply the most beautiful bike i've ever laid eyes on. Tough, sleek, timeless lines and amazing curves. Oh.....they go like sssssstink

·
Registered
417 Posts
the best of both worlds really

had to loss the F4 for a Brutale though, so best of 3 worlds now

·
Living the Dream
2,760 Posts
Gone is 60 Seconds and Angelina Jolie, i need not say more!:mouthwate

·
Registered
395 Posts
First time I saw the F4 in 1997 I knew I had to have one. Been in love since...

The F4 did it for me first. I learned more about the MV brand later. Now I'm a true believer.

·
Premium Member
1,525 Posts
The Brutale fits my personality and the way I want to move in the world. As an industrial designer I appreciate the design intent, conceptual development and fabrication into a whole vision.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
truthfully..................

I have a small penis.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
True love that's developed over time.

I first saw the MV back in 1998 and fell in love with the beauty of the thing. I didn't get one until 2001 but by 2006 I wanted one not because of the looks but because of the confidence the front end provides. No other bike has given me such confidence - which probably explains why I get tired of all my other bikes after a year.

·
Registered
195 Posts
My turn saw it first on the movie I Robot which BLEW me away. saw it (live) again few years later at a local dealer when trying to purchase my frist bike (daytona 675 at that time). A few months later same dealer had received a mint new 750 F4. So i bought it!!! for an F4 being my first motorcycle ever with absolutly no knowledge whatsoever about motorcycle i consider myself lucky and blessed. And so far im well over impressed on my the bikes performance and LOOOOKS of course.

·
Registered
135 Posts
a friend of mine had one of the first 750 in the country, when i saw it i promised that one day an mv would be mine, then came the 1000s and that was it! i will never sell this piece of art.

·
Registered
78 Posts
you gotta love a bike that want's more and the squids havnt" tweaked"

1 - 20 of 36 Posts