MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone knew something I don't about this F4...the bidding went up to $14,100 and didn't meet the guy's reserve. This is a big jump compared to the weak $10-11k I've seen for the past few months on F4's.

Just curious because my F4 is pretty much identical and if I could get $14k I just might sell and upgrade to a 1000cc.... :f4:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Other-Makes-MV-Agusta-F4-S-EVO-2-RARE-MV-Agusta-F4-S-EVO-2-Ferrari-Bike-Handmade_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6719QQitemZ190095399047QQrdZ1

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Seasonal? ebay's a funny animal; I've seen people pay more than msrp for USED items, and then sometimes, great deals go unsold. It's really fickle and sporadic.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Well, I think it's because the riding gear helped out maybe an extra $1,000. Also, the presentation and description was pretty good too.

Oh, and I think $10 to $11K is probably the range for a 2000 model (124hp) MV -at least a few months ago. I don't know if the 137hp models have gone down that much.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Could have been falsely bid up to encourage more bidding and competition to overcome reserve. More bids generate more interest and attention, like so.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
I once was trying to sell a bicycle, I had to list it 3 times and everytime it fell short of the reserve, but the 1st round bidding was much more than the reserve of the last! Finally I just sold it to someone I knew.

·
Registered
571 Posts
admin said:
Could have been falsely bid up to encourage more bidding and competition to overcome reserve. More bids generate more interest and attention, like so.
Took the words outta my mouth!

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
It also has a Supra in the background and is in a shop, so it gives a great impression of how it was taken care of, or atleast how he wants you to think.

I was browsing and saw that when it was freshly listed, first thing to my mind was "Those are some nice pics..."

·
Registered
645 Posts
admin said:
Yep, ebay has been running rampant with shill bidding lately, especially since they decided to hide the bidders names (on cars anyway)

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
sometimes people just want to get a feel of what they may get for something, so they put it out there at a screamin high reserve just to see how much people are willing to pay for it that week. *cough* *scgullen* *Corse* *cough* :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts