MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week, Tuesday I think, I stopped at an alleged Ducati dealership in Phoenix to kick some tires. I didn't find much on the floor, a few Triumphs and Kawasakis but honestly the place was like a morgue.

On the way out I spied a Brutale parked in front. I spoke briefly to the owner (turns out he's Fazer6), he told me about another dealership in north Scottsdale. I'd been jonesing for a Duc for a while so I made the drive over there to take a peek.

Once inside this dealership I was drawn to the Brutale 910R in the middle of the showroom. Joshua, the dealer principal, noticed my interest and fired up the Brutale S they had in the corner so I could hear the mechanical music. I was enthralled.

I spent another twenty minutes looking at the Brutale from every angle, including time on my hands and knees. I told Joshua that the MV Agusta Brutale wasn't even on my wish list, but now I had to reconsider everything.

I barely slept that night, the next day I found this forum. I went out of town on business and this gave me a chance to cool off and think this through. When I returned I had to go back to Scottsdale.

This time Joshua let me take the Brutale S out for a spin. I was hooked. I told him if I was going to do it, it had to be the R. I didn't take long to close the deal.

Never have I been so taken with the looks, sound and performance of a bike (and I've owned many). Maybe at one time I was nearly this drawn by the Ducati 996, but I couldn't pull it off then. Tamburini again.

What compelled you buy a Brutale?

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
it's pretty simple:
there's no bike like it
racerboy ergos don't appeal to me any longer (though i may have and F4 one day). this bike is SO comfortable to ride fast.... or slow
i've never been on anything even closely resembling this bike

the bike is drop dead sexy
it is fast
it is racetrack quality and race-ready

it's light
the sound is like nothing on earth

read this:

http://twistingasphalt.com/index.php/archives/2005/10/20/mv-agusta-brutale-910-show-me-dont-tell-me/

buy one
you won't regret it

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice review Greg, Thanks for the link. Captures my thoughts precisely.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
You're Welcome!!!!!

I wasn't really planning on buying one either, but I was looking for bikes similar too the Brute, and all it took was one test drive, WOW!

·
Registered
822 Posts
airfuel said:
Why a Brutale?? Because the F4's are for ricky racer posers! :stickpoke :later:
:laughing:

You and I had a similar experience, Koop. I was originally looking at S4RS Monsters and Aprilia Tunono's, then the Brutale caught my eye, almost hidden in the dealership. It is one of the most exciting motorcycles I have ever ridden, and it seems to do alot of things very well.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
You get a Brutale cause it's low key to everybody, but it still screams for you to look at it. And boy what a sight it is....

This bike could perform like a scooter and I would still get the same stiffy as I did when I first swung my leg over...

But it does perform, and oh lord does it. There's nothing negative about this bike...well the bike itself. Price could be a drawback, but if you aren't willing to pay for it, you don't deserve to ride it...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts