MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Tomorrow I should be riding from Kent to Devon (UK) to bring my new MV home. Haven't decided whether to do the ride via France yet. :shocker:

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
essee said:
Tomorrow I should be riding from Kent to Devon (UK) to bring my new MV home. Haven't decided whether to do the ride via France yet. :shocker:
So, you're going to pick it up? Congrats :yo: :smoking:

But how come you can ride via France if you're going to pick it up in the UK to get it home in the UK? :wtf:

·
Registered
71 Posts
So, you're going to pick it up? Congrats
Thanks. :)

But how come you can ride via France if you're going to pick it up in the UK to get it home in the UK?
Because I'll be riding from the east of the uk to the west, but I could pop over on the Chunnel to France (30 mins trip) and ride from the east to the west of France instead and then pop back on a ferry.

Anyone in the UK will tell you, given the choice between riding from one end of the UK to the other, or one end of France to the other, France would win hands down. :yo:

Don't forget, France is only 26 miles from the UK, if you're in the right bit of the Uk. :highclap:

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
71 Posts
Unfortunately our weather forecast today :lightning :

www.metoffice.co.uk

was for heavy rain and floods, with severe weather warnings issued.

Fortunately, one of our local bikeshops knowing that I was collecting my new MV today, took pity and offered me their VW van for me to collect my bike.

So, most unplanned and unexpected, my new MV travelled in a bike van instead of being ridden home by me. :laughing:

Still managed to get her very wet, getting her home after dropping the van back at the bikeshop, but at least she did the 250 miles back to our locality in the dry. The floods were not fun and we did get delayed by the flooding and the accidents caused by it, but at least I wasn't riding in it! I was especially pleased to be driving, not riding, when going through hailstorms, with hail the size of golf-balls. My Brutale is now home, safe, dry and wrapped in her new cover (bought when I got home) and I've had a quick sit on her between storms, so I'm happy too. :yo:

Sadly, the only pics I have of her is at the bikeshop and then strapped in the back of a vw van. Pics of me riding her will have to wait.

Still, the radio had a led zeppelin :drummer: special on the way home, so that was fun too. :guitarist

Stairway to Heaven will forever have a different meaning to me. :highclap:

·
Registered
576 Posts
Just returned from a Northern Colorado ride with seven others. Eleven hours, two restaurants, three mountain passes, three canyons, three gas stops, one passing law enforcement warning, two Porsches who wanted to play, score motorcycles 1, Porsches 0, 1 trophy bull elk, 393 miles. Haven't looked at the pics or video yet. Memorable. Classic Colorado autumnal razor blue sky, with yellow Aspen, and snow above timberline. An OK day :).

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
Tambo #211 fueled and prepped for early a.m. sortie...Ortega Highway both ways, breakfast at Tom's Farms with the Harleys. Anyone in the area???

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
sfarson said:
Just returned from a Northern Colorado ride with seven others. Eleven hours, two restaurants, three mountain passes, three canyons, three gas stops, one passing law enforcement warning, two Porsches who wanted to play, score motorcycles 1, Porsches 0, 1 trophy bull elk, 393 miles. Haven't looked at the pics or video yet. Memorable. Classic Colorado autumnal razor blue sky, with yellow Aspen, and snow above timberline. An OK day :).
I'm so jealous! I love Colorado. I wish I was there!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Gladio said:
I'm so jealous! I love Colorado. I wish I was there!
It was a good ride. The vid turned out OK despite being lazy using only a digital camera on a tank suction mount through a hazy screen...

Cameron Pass Ascent - Group Ride Video

From Cameron Pass...

From Berthoud Pass. Something about a rumpled and carpeted forest as far as one can see...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts