1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
774 Posts
Try some N° 5 perfume in your tank ? Or some "ricin oil" ?

Seriously, no idea, sorry !

Welcome back, Greg.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Does it smell only when you have ridden it or does it smell when warming up or sitting at idle? Perhaps you have a small exahust gas leak. Also is the vent tube from the tank disconnected?

CAG

·
Registered
515 Posts
I would bet your still running alittle rich. My stalling problem was due to being too rich. They reflashed the ecu and I got better mpg and less exhaust smell.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I love the smell of 100 octaine fuel. My daughter came out after a ride one day and said, "Dad what's that smell?". Thats perfume hun. All joking aside, I have no clue.
My bike has been tuned and mapped, I still get that smell.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
The smell of a healthy engine.
Remember the good ol' days of big block V8's and 4 barrel carbs? Smell the gas!

The BMW is running so lean the heads are about to melt, good for mother nature bad for the engine. BMW also has a cat so it won't smell.

I can map a brute to smell like nothing, but the surgeing and overheating will kill you. Not designed as a lean burn engine.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
CAG said:
Does it smell only when you have ridden it or does it smell when warming up or sitting at idle? Perhaps you have a small exahust gas leak. Also is the vent tube from the tank disconnected?

CAG
hmmmmm
that's a good question....
i better go check (which will only RE-expose my LACK of mechanical knowledge, once again).... :jsm:

i appreciate your help

by the way...
it smells... when it starts, and sitting at idle, for what it's worth

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dutch said:
I love the smell of 100 octaine fuel. My daughter came out after a ride one day and said, "Dad what's that smell?". Thats perfume hun. All joking aside, I have no clue.
My bike has been tuned and mapped, I still get that smell.
thanks, Jeff
my daughter hates the smell of my bike as well
of course, at 13 years of age....
she doesn't like MUCH these days... :)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
airfuel said:
The smell of a healthy engine.
Remember the good ol' days of big block V8's and 4 barrel carbs? Smell the gas!

The BMW is running so lean the heads are about to melt, good for mother nature bad for the engine. BMW also has a cat so it won't smell.

I can map a brute to smell like nothing, but the surgeing and overheating will kill you. Not designed as a lean burn engine.
John....
as always, i appreciate your PROFESSIONAL OPINION
i'll leave it alone.... and leave my jacket in the garage

thanks

·
Registered
98 Posts
Is the hose that vents the crankcase to the air filter housing connected? Mine was left off, I hope inadvertantly by the dealer. That smell was Brutal. I think it was a crankcase vent hose. Bottom rear center of air cleaner housing. Take off right side black cover under fuel tank you can see it with a flashlight.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dutch said:
Is the hose that vents the crankcase to the air filter housing connected? Mine was left off, I hope inadvertantly by the dealer. That smell was Brutal. I think it was a crankcase vent hose. Bottom rear center of air cleaner housing. Take off right side black cover under fuel tank you can see it with a flashlight.
thanks for your advice
i'm going to take a look

1 - 16 of 16 Posts