MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While my bike cools down after a ride, it produces a periodic (~ every 10 seconds) "whoot" sound. It appears to come from gas tank area. I have attached zipped wave file recording

Bike: 2004 Brutale 750s

Any Ideas, comments are appreciated?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,666 Posts
That is the sound of safety. As your fuel tanks cools, a little rubber valve opens and allows air to enter the tank and prevent a vacuum implosion. When that process doesn't work, your tank can collpase. Search the forum and you'll find examples of tank collapse.

When mine cools down it plays Yankee Doodle!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is the sound of safety. As your fuel tanks cools, a little rubber valve opens and allows air to enter the tank and prevent a vacuum implosion. When that process doesn't work, your tank can collpase. Search the forum and you'll find examples of tank collapse.

When mine cools down it plays Yankee Doodle!
Thanks. Good to know. I was worried the pressure was releasing, not entering, from the bike and might indicate some bad seal. I will test opening the gas cap,

Best,

·
Administrator
20,423 Posts
Lots of bikes do this.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
While my bike cools down after a ride, it produces a periodic (~ every 10 seconds) "whoot" sound. It appears to come from gas tank area. I have attached zipped wave file recording

Bike: 2004 Brutale 750s

Any Ideas, comments are appreciated?

Thanks!
I think this has been answered correctly.. but to me it sounds like the bike is sad that you have stopped riding it! :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts