MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, at 2000 miles on the Rivale now. Issues i've had in chronological order:

1) Intermittent stalling by 300 miles: fixed by software update
2) loose/floppy right mirror by 1000 miles: tightening it by myself didn't help, so had dealer do it, fixed
3) starting problems; wont start on first crank (1500 mile mark). 2-3 tries now by 2000 mile mark. Going to take it to dealer as the suspect is sprag clutch
4) key stuck in ignition by 2000 mile mark. Key comes out of ignition but it wont turn towards ignition or lock. So can't start bike at ALL. Totally messed up issue. Going to take it to dealer for this issue as well.

QC is a joke for Italian machinery. Just thought i'd share these issues to see if anyone else is in the same boat. Never had so many issues on german/japanese bikes. Love riding the rivale, but the problems, not so much! My feedback so far!

·
Registered
445 Posts
I've had my share on my Rivale as well, but things seem better now.

At least your clutch basket didn't do this. Left me on the side of the road for hours.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bummer. Lets hope the dealer takes care of it cause "parts" need to be ordered. Aii. Should have known what i was getting into buying Italian :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
one more issue to add. Apparently the gas tank expanded due to ethanol in California gas! the good news? MV is fixing ALL the issues including a new gas tank, so i'm happy. A few weeks without the bike, but thanks to my dealer (and MV)i should be sorted soon.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
4,900 miles on my 2014 Rivale. Here is the long list of issues I have encountered:

1) Floppy mirrors - replaced under warranty.
2) Fuel tank expanded (just like about every other mfg. with plastic tanks) - replaced under warranty
3) 1,400 miles - rear tire was bad
4) 2,500 miles - rear tire was bad
5) 2,700 miles - front tire was bad
6) 3,900 miles - rear tire was bad
7) 4,800 miles - front & rear tire was bad

Way too many issues. What a piece of crap!!

·
Registered
445 Posts
I hope you guys are getting the bigger tank. Getting fuel light at 70 miles sucks. I get the light at ~105 now.

·
Registered
560 Posts
4,900 miles on my 2014 Rivale. Here is the long list of issues I have encountered:

1) Floppy mirrors - replaced under warranty.
2) Fuel tank expanded (just like about every other mfg. with plastic tanks) - replaced under warranty
3) 1,400 miles - rear tire was bad
4) 2,500 miles - rear tire was bad
5) 2,700 miles - front tire was bad
6) 3,900 miles - rear tire was bad
7) 4,800 miles - front & rear tire was bad

Way too many issues. What a piece of crap!!
Out of curiosity, what ended up causing the tires to fail? I'm assuming there was a bike issue since you list it as an MV problem.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Honestly, the fuel range is not a problem for me. When I ride this crazy contraption MV calls a motorcycle, after about 50 or 60 miles I am so exhausted, I need a break anyway.
I think the Rivale is engineered wrong. I feel it is a problem with the chassis/handling:

1) It accelerates very early out of the corner and incredibly hard, many times the rear wheel looses grip.
2) It carries too much corner speed at scary lean angles.
3) Going into the corners the brakes come on extremely late and strongly all the way to the apex. Often times the rear wheel is squirming and sliding at the same time.

No other of my many bikes ever exhibited these traits so severely - therefore, I conclude that MV's engineers designed this bike all wrong.
I will send the factory a letter and complain about the Rivale's excessive tire use.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I do 350 miles days quite a bit, coming up on 5,000 miles in just a few months. Of course, we have to "detail" the bike when we're done.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I do 350 miles days quite a bit, coming up on 5,000 miles in just a few months. Of course, we have to "detail" the bike when we're done.

:jsm::jsm::jsm: OMG did you just washed it with water !!!!!

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
Honestly, the fuel range is not a problem for me. When I ride this crazy contraption MV calls a motorcycle, after about 50 or 60 miles I am so exhausted, I need a break anyway.
I think the Rivale is engineered wrong. I feel it is a problem with the chassis/handling:

1) It accelerates very early out of the corner and incredibly hard, many times the rear wheel looses grip.
2) It carries too much corner speed at scary lean angles.
3) Going into the corners the brakes come on extremely late and strongly all the way to the apex. Often times the rear wheel is squirming and sliding at the same time.

No other of my many bikes ever exhibited these traits so severely - therefore, I conclude that MV's engineers designed this bike all wrong.
I will send the factory a letter and complain about the Rivale's excessive tire use.
You almost make me want a Rivale!
Once the tire wear is sorted hahaha!! Did you get new ones under warranty??

·
Registered
486 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
It sounds like the nut holding the handlebars is loose, Balz.:f4:
Follow up on all the issues on my Rivale. Tightened the nut following your instructions, but it came loose again and now the damn shift lever is bent!
Is there no end to the issues on this darn bike?? How can MV survive with so many problems?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
Follow up on all the issues on my Rivale. Tightened the nut following your instructions, but it came loose again and now the damn shift lever is bent!
Is there no end to the issues on this darn bike?? How can MV survive with so many problems?
Your tyres look okay this time... I think you should not complain :D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts