MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sargent seats...I just learned they're local and contacted them about making a seat for my Brute. Would anybody be intrested in getting a new seat? Either just reupholstered in another material, or a "comfy" one like you typically get from them for other bikes.

In the next week or so, they're going to prototype a seat for my Brutale, and I'll hit them up to see if they'de do one for an F4. Obviously, there isn't a demand for MV seats, so this would be on a group buy type purchase. A one time deal.

I'll use my own for the Brutale template, but I would need one seat for an F4 template if anybody is intrested in getting thiers done (somebody send me thier wrecked or spare?) so others can benefit. I'm sure the person who gets thier used will get a discount, but I'll have to find out for sure.

I know for you F4 guys, this tends to be an issue on the seat being so uncomfortable, and there not being many other options.

Let me know. I'm hitting them up tomorrow after work again to see what we can work out.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We'll see. I'm going there tomorrow after work. They're about a 20-30 minute drive, because they're in Downtown (argh, traffic).

I'm expecting to hear positive things.

http://www.sargentcycle.com/allother.htm

They do custom work...and as you can see by the link, we'de probably fall into that catagory, but get a slightly better rate if we can get a group of promised orders. I dunno how many we'de need, as I haven't asked yet, but just trying to get a feeler to see what kinda deal we can get worked out.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
spalding12 said:
i'd want a new seat tray
i'd like to keep my original seat in case there is every a problem with the new one

but......
the more i think of it, since i'll be getting the "R" model... with the special leather seat cover
hmmmmmmmmmm

i MUST keep the original seat...
but there's won't match the pillion one
so....
maybe this is NOT an option for "R" Brutale owners
I was planning on ordering a 'Gladio' leather seat already, but a Sargent would give me leather, plus more comfort. All the special editions come with leather seats, and I imagine seargent should be able to match the color for any, but that would obviously cost more.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After mine (or any initial seat) they make a tray. So it wouldn't just be a cover, but a complete seat. I'de imagine they could match, if worst comes to worst, they could make a rear one as well, or reupholster it...

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
spalding12 said:
i'd want a new seat tray
ii'll be getting the "R" model... with the special leather seat cover
hmmmmmmmmmm

Don't get too excited Greg.
The R has a "Pieni Fiore" leather seat and as far as I can tell it is not leather. This seat will stretch like vinyl and my pillion cover is starting to discolor in spots.
It looks like Ostritch leather and my feeble attempts to translate "Pieni Fiore" comes up with "full blossom or flower"

Flaming or Pigiolini: translation please?

John T (ready to re-cover my seats in real Ostrich)

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
airfuel said:
Don't get too excited Greg.
The R has a "Pieni Fiore" leather seat and as far as I can tell it is not leather. This seat will stretch like vinyl and my pillion cover is starting to discolor in spots.
It looks like Ostritch leather and my feeble attempts to translate "Pieni Fiore" comes up with "full blossom or flower"

Flaming or Pigiolini: translation please?

John T (ready to re-cover my seats in real Ostrich)
well,
that sucks about the seat
but...... none of us bought the bike for the seat.... did we?
thanks for the info...
that sargent is sounding better all the time

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
735 Posts
I HAD a Sargent on my Ducati and ebay'd it b/c I slid forward to much under braking. They're slickery, you may want to custom order a padded tank protector for your jewels :eek:

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I talked to them over the phone again today, I ended up getting off work late, so I'm off tomorrow, so I'll be ehading up there 1st thing in the morning.

Well, our options are a full range of materials. I'm going to get to see the foam we use tomorrow.

Pricing isn't rock solid rght now, but if you maintain the same seat shape, but just change the foam you're looking at ~$135. That's pretty much just reupholstering with better foam (your choice of hardness...apparently there's a full range) and your choice of fabric. This goes for if you use your stock seat. I'm gonna find out tomorrow how much it's gonna cost for an entire seat, as it depends on the complexity of the seat plastic (tabs, brackets, etc). But your pricing goes up depending on your seat shape if you want to change it up, etc.

Looks to be a good deal. I'll be the test sled and post up any drawings/renderings of what he has ideas on. He said we can get a group deal going, depending on how many people want to actually follow through! Oh, and F4 guys, you'll get a smokin deal if you're the "test sled"...so anybody near jax, we should coincide times to go up there...

I'll fill you all in tomorrow after I make my visit! It'll likely be early mrning so I can avoid the crap heart of downtown traffic and insane Florida smmer humidity/heat!

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
^ No biggie. Just giving back to what this forum has given to me in the form of info and help.

Tomorrow, we'll see what he can do for us on both pricing and seat options...I'll bring my camera and snag some pics of the shop, etc.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I don't need a seat personally but I have a spare F4 1K seat if Sargent would like to use/borrow it as a template (I bought the MV Blue Alcantara, hence the spare OEM).

1 - 20 of 33 Posts