MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Here's a Google translation:

"Yesterday we received these pictures from an unknown photographer. Portray the new MV Agusta Rivale, one of the most anticipated bikes in the market. From the pictures, without masking, you can see that the vessel is not masking, which means that it is ready to be launched.
As might be expected the two rival, one black and one gray metallic are very beautiful. With being the home Varese enters the naked sports bike segment and with high handlebars. The answer, probably, the decline in the Supersport segment, today only really enjoyable on the track.
The new rival, however, that in the data sheet shows a weight of 170 kg and 125 horsepower promises agile and fun.
The engine, as it is known, is the one that debuted on the F3 675, a three-cylinder versions also mounted on the Brutale 675 and 800.
As the latest Yamaha racing (which, however, are the four), the three-cylinder MV has the crankshaft counter to increase the agility of the vehicle between the curves.
The rival should be available as early as the second half of 2013 at a price of 10,990 Euro.
We can not wait to try it!"

Very interesting pictures. The reach to the bars looks shorter than the Hypermotard and Dorsoduro. It looks like the kind of bar reach on dirt bikes. I like! :smoking:

Registered
Are those guys really big or is MV making smaller bikes? I sat on the F3 in the showroom and it felt like it fit perfect as stock. It typically takes my suspension wizard weeks to make my bikes 'puny'.
The front end looks a lot like the Ducati multistrada, and the rest of it looks like their street fighter. I wonder if a Duc engineer got a job in Varese? The triumph speed triple might even be in there somewhere.

Registered
Front brake callipers?

Anybody notice why the 2 bikes have differing front brake calipers?
Could it be gold brembos on 1 bike vs the gun metal grey of nissans on the other? Evaluation perhaps?
Edit; No, there must 2 versions all with Brembo brakes. I just checked the MV website.
Cheers,
Steve

Registered
It does look small Juney. The front end has very little forward of the tripletree minus the wheel, and it has the modern GP'esque short tail. I'm 6'5" so I'd look like a Doberman humping a Chihuahua, but I think it's still a good looking bike, and I bet a smaller framed lady would look great on it!

Registered
?

Rob, MVista is fluent in Italian as is his wife Lou
:drummer::drummer::drummer::drummer:

Registered
italian,heading =here it is already on the road,the rest is just the normal bla bla bla,taken from the 675 etc etc etc,

to much to translate,and i am busy having a scotch and dry.
cheers eddy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts