MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have had my MV since 2006. I have been out of the loop some so I am hoping someone can get me up to speed. I heard the company has changed hands, had financial issues, etc.. So where are we now? Who owns MV? My dealers have either disappeared or dropped MV. It seems each time I need something I have to figure out where to get it. Is there hope?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,919 Posts
Well 2-3 years ago the factory did a expectation of what they could sell in 2014/2016. But aimed to high.
Bequase of the enormous bill of parts being paid upfront and not reaching goals they almost went bankrubt. Dealers closed around the world.

A new investor called Black Ocean invested millions and GC decided to lowered the amount of bikes build per year and more to High end premium bikes. Since last week an official report said business is improving and MV Agusta could go expand around the globe adding more dealers etc etc.

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/16-general-talk-media/218202-mv-agusta-holding-completes-recapitalisation.html

Thats a short version of it. People who know more can go into details and explain further.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
Till last month Mercedes AMG had a 25% stake in MV agusta. They have now sold it to the Russian Black Ocean Group. So now GC owns 51% (controlling stake) in the company and the Russians the remaining 49%.
This does not bode well for MV as Black Ocean has no skills in manufacturing or sales to bring to the table. My Lusso is going up for sale as I do not forsee good times for MV.
They cannot possibly be breaking even by selling 5000 bikes a year. So where is their money coming from?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,216 Posts
No skills in manufacturing or sales, see no need for are they not an investment company.
Reducing the number of models is a good move, there are far to many.
Personally see no reason what so ever to sell the bike just because of the investment deal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
742 Posts
No skills in manufacturing or sales, see no need for they are they not an investment company.
Reducing the number of models is a good move, there are far to many.
Personally see no reason what so ever to sell the bike just because of the investment deal.
I agree.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
MV needs more than just money to survive in the long term. It needs to be properly and professionally managed with a customer focussed approach. GC has shown he is not upto the task but he is now going to be in charge for the foreseeable future! It will be business as usual.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
637 Posts
MV needs more than just money to survive in the long term. It needs to be properly and professionally managed with a customer focussed approach. GC has shown he is not upto the task but he is now going to be in charge for the foreseeable future! It will be business as usual.
Well they keep the lights on where both Buell and Victory have not ......... :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Great service from MV

I have come from Ducati where I had a Hyperstrada 821. I bought it new from Ducati Glasgow and they have serviced it for the 4 years I've owned it. At 18500 mile a tooth came off the 4th gear cog. I called Ducati Glasgow on 10th May, they couldn't even look at the bike until 13th June, and it's still with them. That's over 3 months in the summer with no bike.

I am hoping Italy will pay for the parts £1200 +VAT but I am still left with a £1000 +VAT bill for the labour. Ducati have lost me as a client.

MV may not be super organised but the parts seem to arrive quickly and Cupar Motorcycles can see me within 10 days even now in their busy season.

My plan was to purchase either a Multistrada 950 or a Supersport, instead I have a Turismo Veloce. The service has been far better and the bikes brilliant (except the losing water from the cooling system issue and water ingress into the rear indicator after 2 days since it was fitted new). No complaints from me.

Alan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,216 Posts
Positive posting, I've had three F3's over the last five years, covered 27000 miles in all, yes I have had issues but all resolved under warranty quickly and efficiently.

Only on one occasion was the bike off the road and that was for just one week.

Looking to change the 2016 RC next year with over 10000 miles on the clock and yes it will be another MV:grin2::grin2:
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top