MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys who exchanged your 1000S for an 1000R:
can you please state diferences you note when riding it?

thanks.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
psst!!!... said:
Thanks for the reply, Only Mike4uk? Nobody else?
Sure there are others, but Mike knows what he says :smoking:

And i know he won't admit it but he secretly still prefers his old faithful F4S :D :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
MV-999R said:
Sure there are others, but Mike knows what he says :smoking:

And i know he won't admit it but he secretly still prefers his old faithful F4S :D :laughing: :laughing:
Yes, I hear that R is a real gas guzzler. ;)

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
MV-999R said:
BTW Manuel, i guess you got a recent call from FMS, right? :D
What´s FMS... ? Or is there another Manuel all over the world :smoking:

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Manuel_F4 said:
What´s FMS... ? Or is there another Manuel all over the world :smoking:
Hi Manuel, you can be sure there are a lot more, it isnt this case (FMS) but there are a lot more!
FMS is a friend of us.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
psst!!!... said:
You guys who exchanged your 1000S for an 1000R:
can you please state diferences you note when riding it?

thanks.
Ok, looks like it's down to me :)

The "R" will do everything a std "S" will do, but it will do it slightly better, and the emphasis is on "slightly"......excet for the brakes!

Brakes are awesome, take some getting used to after the "S"

Suspension is very similar, slightly better, but still too harsh for bumpy stuff,

Electrics are better, loom is neater, it does "modern" things like like not putting the headlamp on untill the motor runs, also the starter is on a timer, one quick flick and it turns for about 5 secs. cooling fans start automatically if you

Engine management is superior, no stalling issues, no backfires, no "dead spots" where blipping is not possible for downchanges. and generally smoother and more responsive, BUT! it does have an emission related surge that it comes out of at 5000rpm, it's much less noticeable with a power commander fitted, but it is still there.I have an RG3 ecu to try, I will report on that when and if it stops raining!!

I think the bike would be better off on a 190/50 rear tyre instead of the supplied 190/55, I will be putting mine back to Michelin Powers very soon.

Engine runs hotter than the S, it needs stopping at traffic lights.

Engine feels sharper and quiker than the S, but dyno says it isn't :confused:

Is it a better bike? well yes it is actually, but, it's not chalk and cheese different, and before all the " there's a lot of cheap 05 spec "S" bikes about etc etc, brigade start answering, yes there are, a mate of mine went in to buy an "R", got tempted by a cheaper "S" and he is now trying to convert it to look like an "R" :confused: and telling very one why that's the best thing to do.............

·
Registered
503 Posts
mikef4uk said:
Electrics are better, loom is neater, it does "modern" things like like not putting the headlamp on untill the motor runs, also the starter is on a timer, one quick flick and it turns for about 5 secs. cooling fans start automatically if you
Is it a timer? The MM 5*M engine management reads crank rpm. When the rpm exceeds a certain amount (350 or 400, I don't remember) it disengages the starter. Kinda cool, one touch of the start switch and it takes over.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Koop said:
Is it a timer? The MM 5*M engine management reads crank rpm. When the rpm exceeds a certain amount (350 or 400, I don't remember) it disengages the starter. Kinda cool, one touch of the start switch and it takes over.
Yes, timer as well, I pulled the fuel pump fuse to get oil pressure after an oil change and it stopped cranking after about five seconds, it also won't turn over again for about 1.5 seconds

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
psst!!!... said:
Hi Manuel, you can be sure there are a lot more, it isnt this case (FMS) but there are a lot more!
FMS is a friend of us.
Hello Manuel... :stickpoke

I think, we are thw only two... :smoking:

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
MV-999R said:
Manuel psst!!! is also Manuel :D
Now I got it... could´nt belive, that there is another Manuel out there... :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Manuel_F4 said:
Now I got it... could´nt belive, that there is another Manuel out there... :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
:laughing: :laughing:

Manuel is a pretty common name here :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts