1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
170 Posts
I think Silver (now days the are called Bike-Lift) has what you want. I have one for my Triumph Daytona (single sided swingarm). It has wheels so the bike can stand "still" when you put it on the stand and also a better leverage for getting it up.

You'll find it here http://www.bikelift.net/en/product.asp?Id=257

//zeta

·
Registered
68 Posts
There are many "practical" or "functional" choices but if You want something "special" the Motocorse one is a perfect choice (see fazer6's link)... rather expensive but a great product.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
My factory one works fine :stickpoke

I can put my bike on it by myself with no issues or concerns, and I'm a noodle. As goes for taking it off.... :stickpoke

·
Registered
798 Posts
oicdn said:
My factory one works fine :stickpoke

I can put my bike on it by myself with no issues or concerns, and I'm a noodle. As goes for taking it off.... :stickpoke
Agree 100%. No problem at all using the factory supplied rear stand by myself. And I am 5'7" and 160lbs.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
anucci said:
Agree 100%. No problem at all using the factory supplied rear stand by myself. And I am 5'7" and 160lbs.

putting it on or off isn't the point
it's the fact there are NO wheels on the standard one, meaning that the bike comes back 1.5 - 2 feet when you put it on the stand.....
that does NOT work for me, as my garage is small and i want to park it with the front tire 1" from the back wall.....
i need a WHEELD rear wheel stand that keeps the bike EXACTLY IN ITS PLACE when it is placed on the stand

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
798 Posts
spalding12 said:
putting it on or off isn't the point
it's the fact there are NO wheels on the standard one, meaning that the bike comes back 1.5 - 2 feet when you put it on the stand.....
that does NOT work for me, as my garage is small and i want to park it with the front tire 1" from the back wall.....
i need a WHEELD rear wheel stand that keeps the bike EXACTLY IN ITS PLACE when it is placed on the stand
I see, I did not realize that's what you meant my "not practical". I have a pit-bull stand that worked great on my Ducati. I have not even tried it with the MV, I think I might need a different axle pin.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
261 Posts
spalding12 said:
realizing that the SUPPLIED rear wheel stand is not very practical....
1. no handle in the back for leverage
2. no wheels to keep the bike "in place" when lifting the rear end

who make a stand for the Brutale that has the HUB SLEEVE as the MV standard model?

thanks in advance
You put your foot on the upper part of the stand and push down. The way the stand is designed allows for easy leverage to raise the back end. I dont know what everyone's problem is with the stand. Just do it a few times and there is no problem.

·
Not very lucky..
1,431 Posts
I don't think anyone is having problems or issues with the stand, not even Spalding12. As he stated it is just for his circumstances he needs a stand to maneuver his bike in tight spaces in his garage. Everyone else either has a different one or recommends another one simply because there are "easier" or "more practical" ones out there, but that doesn't mean the factory one is not easy as well. Does that make sense because I might have confused myself now :ahhh: :laughing:

·
Registered
312 Posts
i've been drewling on the motocorse wheel stand wich was placed on a very nice starfitghter latly . Should cost a 600 something € according to dealer

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lorenzotx said:
You put your foot on the upper part of the stand and push down. The way the stand is designed allows for easy leverage to raise the back end. I dont know what everyone's problem is with the stand. Just do it a few times and there is no problem.
the stock stand is fine
it just BACKS THE BIKE UP 2 FEET when you lift it.... which isn't practical for MY garage. a wheeled one would keep it in place

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I have a buddy that's a welder...he made his own with wheels. It's a TANK, but he can wheel his bike around as it has swivel feet.

For your situation...Pitbull....

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
The Pit Bull is superb and it has one additional benefit. If you ever need to service the front end, Pit Bull will make you a custom interchangeable pin that will slip into the front axle. They're making one for me now. This works great if you can hang the bike in the air with some straps from the frame to a support above such as the garage rafters. Use the factory stand to support and steady the rear and use the Pit Bull to lift the front.

Once the front end is in the air, you've got great access to anything on the front of the bike. This makes changing springs, fork oil, brakes, tires a cinch. So for the price of a Pit Bull stand plus an extra pin you get a great rear stand and an easy way to lift the front.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts