MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
I cant stand the Ducati look, looks so cheap when I compare to a F4-1000. All the Ducati range can't hold a stick to the MV range. Sorry just my opinion.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Personally, though I plan to get a 749 Dark for the track, I just can't get behind the looks, and apparently neither can most of Ducati's potential customers, as evidenced in the extreme slowdown in sales for the Superbikes, and Ducati's recently announced intention to redsign the bikes' aestheics to be more "customer friendly".
And, how you don't find the MV adjustable baffles me; I mean, it even has an adjustable head angle :king:

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Triple Seven said:
I cant stand the Ducati look, looks so cheap when I compare to a F4-1000. All the Ducati range can't hold a stick to the MV range. Sorry just my opinion.
Totally agree.
The 999 has terrible proportions awkward stance and compromized detailing.
I think I've been vocal enough in the past on my total dissapointment in the 999....
With a nuff-nuff in charge...this was bound to happen. No wonder they've removed him from the Design centre

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Me :king:

I love the looks on both (the 749-999 has to have the red frame and the black swingarm), although i accept that the MV looks is more sexy and more appealing to everyone.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
even the CEO of ducati doesn't like the new ducati!!!

here's the full interview:http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2006/Mar/060315a.htm

but this is the MOST interesting segment:

Q. Do you think it's fair to say that the 999 is at the end of its life, or nearing it?

A. Well, we declared the death of the 998 too early. We clearly don't want to declare another one dead too early. But it has been on the market for quite a while now.

It's a divisive bike. Somebody liked it very much, somebody did not like it very much. And so, of course, we are looking at a substitute. But when and how, we still don't know. But I think that the new one will be more in the sign of tradition of Ducati. While the 999 was very forward and innovative and a kind of discontinuity with the past, it's hard to improve Michelangelo's Pieta, after all. And so I think that our decision which, with hindsight, maybe was not right, was to really go off the beaten track and try something very novelty. I think that we will try to go back to less angle and more round and stuff like that. But it still is a work in process, and we'll see what happens there.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
The solution is easy...call up Massimo and say "Hey...fix this horrendous thing that Terblanche screwed up!"

Problem is, Ducati's known for "being at the forefront of innovation" or so the cliche' goes. They're gonna have one hell of a time dismissing that Terbanche crap, and trying to even come remotely close to the timeless styling of Massimo...good luck.... :loser:

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I like the new ducs. The Fila edition is one of my favorites. It's sad, but the 998 looks a little old to me now and the tail never looked finished to me. To each his own. I don't think the F4 will ever get old...

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
As I've said before, it wasn't love at first sight for me but one of my best freinds has one and it has really grown on me and I now really like it and If I had the money I'd be happy to own one...not to mention the ride is outstanding.

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
My 1st impression of the 999 is that I "didn't get it", but I kept an open mind, and over time I liked it more and more, to me it has the most phallic upper fairing design; although I agree with Veloce that the proportion is off balanced, I actually like it being off... it seems to me that the tail of sportsbike designs are generally getting thinner, sharper and more cantilevered and erected then ever, to me it looks purposeful... also I like bits and pieces of it, the shape of the narrow-waist tank and the seat (if you look at the bike from above it looks like a beautiful woman's strapless red dress). the wind flaps, the gauge, yoke, even the contoured kick stand, and the brake light and turn signal cluster...

F4 and 999, there is no comparison. I love F4, the 999 doesn't have the same effect that the F4 has on me, but I like it. besides to me they have totally different design focus/goals... almost like late romantic vs. minimalism in musical term.

this is just my view of the subject... don't take it too seriously. :laughing:

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
ARCHILLE said:
I don't mean to sound like a "insert here" but I believe I have a solution to your bike versus my bike problem. Own more than one...:laughing:
+ 1 :toothless :toothless

1 - 20 of 42 Posts