MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm by far not the widest person to ride an F4 but why are the mirrors so tight? I've seen the MotoGP greats and most of them are tiny like a horse racing jockey but how does an average person manage to keep an eye out for traffic behind them on this bike?

·
Registered
661 Posts
set the angle of the mirror in a way that allows you to shift your arm or shoulders, or in worse case your torso slightly and be able to look into the mirror and see the next lane. For me I shift my shoulders slightly over and am able to see the next lane. Depending how I am positioned on my lane or if I am merging , I will simply crank my head and look directly for clearing. In this way, the moving of the head and helmet allows other drivers to know my intentions a lot better.

·
Registered
128 Posts
'chicken wings' as Donsy says . Look back and between your arms and body . Have positioned l h mirror to look back at traffic when Im sitting up , in town mode . Also using head to look back and everywhere . (years of instinctivly looking for cops/traffic while on illegal dirt bike rides . no mirrors , lights, plates ) The R H mirror is set to look back when Im tucked in for 'spirited' riding . The guys /girl I ride with all know , pass on right then stick to the left . So when we ride, we only pass on one side . We do switch riding lead so we all get a chance to attack the corners first . Works for me .

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I religiously do shoulder checks so that is coming handy now, guess we all suffer from this minor design flaw on these bikes but not all bikes are perfect so meh. Thanks for the feedback guys.

·
Registered
14,501 Posts
What you can't see can't hurt you

Stop looking
You shouldn't be needing too look behind you unless you have pulled over to wait for your buddies that and maybe police lol
your biggest problems will be in front of you......:naughty::naughty:

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have owned my share of makes over the last 17 years of riding rockets (Yamaha, Kawasaki, Honda and now MV A) and I have yet to find one with what I would consider "usable" mirrors. So I am used to riding with my head on a swivel to check traffic and blind spots. It's become second nature to me so much so that I often do the same when driving a cage.

I religiously do shoulder checks so that is coming handy now, guess we all suffer from this minor design flaw on these bikes but not all bikes are perfect so meh. Thanks for the feedback guys.

·
Registered
14,501 Posts
MY thoughts exactly lol

the last Cop that stopped me......

"didn't you see me with my big bobble head helmet on??????"

(he was parked 100' to the left)

"No, why should I ?? you're not moving and can't hurt me"

:jerkoff:

If he was so attentive.....with his laser gun, I was coming toward him at about 50mph over the speed limit........:naughty::naughty::naughty:

trust me at 400' you can hear my Arrow Thunder pipe

:popcorn:

·
Formally know as Drew Kelley
84 Posts
If I had an unlimited budget, I'd replace the mirror glass with TV/monitor screens, hooked to embedded pencil cams in the rear bodywork, one on each side feeding the 'mirror' on that side (with the feed reversed, naturally). Of course, I'd end up with more money in the mirrors than the bike, but I could see that guy in that 5 & 7 o'clock blind spot as I change lanes in front of him, and then rocket away.

·
Premium Member
2,886 Posts
My co-worker and friend David Ruiz RIP was rear ended at a light and died the next day. What's behind me is very important. Mine work for me if I shift around a bit. Maybe try bar end mirrors if the stock ones don't work for you?

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Buy a Brutale and install bar end mirrors......two problems solved......the public perception of your manhood, and your rear view vision.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts