MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Specifically, I am looking for somebody who can compare and contrast the handling, manners, power, reliability, brakes, etc. of an '02 bike and a 1000. I have an AGO, and have an opportunity to buy a 02 Senna. It has about 5000 miles, but an interesting, and eventful past. It is a bit of a stretch both financially, and with the wife... :jsm: So I would definitely have to ditch my 1 yr. old GSXR 750, and track the Senna next season. Which brings me to my original question: can anybody offer up an informed comparison, preferably based on track time? (And yes, I know this bike will be a logistical nightmare to get into Canada... that is another issue for another time!).

Anybody? Bueller? Bueller?

·
Registered
266 Posts
750 v. 1000...

The 1000 pulls your limbs out of their sockects, and keeps on pulling ...the 750 needs to be pushed balls to the wall!

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
b42day said:
Please don't track the Senna....
I'm kind of interested in hearing thoughts on that as well....

I'm thinking about tracking my F4 (the funky white one) and getting something else for the street. Of course, doing that with something that is relatively rare is sort of my quandry as well.....

anyway, on topic, i've ridden both, but not on the track....so I don't have any useful comparison for you there.....!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I have had a 750 and now a 1000. I am about to track conversion my 1000. A friend raced a SPR 750 over here while had a Duke. It depends what class you are going to race in or are you just going to "track it". He had to race against 999's and 996's.
In standard trim the 750 dosen't really fit into the race categories over here, so a 1000 is a better bet.
The 1000 race bike here (basically a standard f4 1000) raced by another friend cleaned up all the European machines and some were real hot Dukes etc.
For track only the 750 is superb. Yes you have to work it harder but still very rewarding and fun. The main problem is crash spares costs which is becoming now similar to a Duke, hence my desire to track my 1000. I have just ordered the fairings and will start the process.
If you want to buy a 750 and track it instead of your Gixer you won't be disapointed.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Velocemoto,

I disagree.

NOT snorted 4 lines of coke. Snorted ALL your Coke... AND is quick with a joke... A better differentiation between the 750 and the 1000, methinks......!

NYC in the 1980's or just the 80's,- how the 'heck' did we survive!

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I think the 750 Senna is similar to the 750's SPR. So, it would be your run of the mill 750.

That being said, I had an '00 and '02 750 and now have a 1000. Both have a quirky fueling but the 1000 kicks from 2,000 rpm. The 750 need to be over 6,000 rpm. Below that it's pretty gutless. That lack of grunt is the only thing I hated about the 750s.

Ergo-wise, I think the 1000 is a bit more comfortable. Bars are higher. I don't notice much of a difference in handling. Then again, I haven't ridden a 750 Senna.

This is just me, but I won't go for a 750 MV -especially if it would be a financial stretch.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Greg Albert said:
For track only the 750 is superb. Yes you have to work it harder but still very rewarding and fun.
If you want to buy a 750 and track it instead of your Gixer you won't be disapointed.
Someone who finally agrees with me...LOL
We all track our F4-750's down here in Aus....must be something in the water :naughty:

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Velocemoto said:
???........... it's possibly the best track 750 in the world ...........the track is it's natural place of existance.
It's criminal not to track any 750 F4...
Yep, all you need is a good pair of elbow sliders :jsm:

Attachments

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Not much to add to this thread really. Track a 750 and ride a thou on the road or track it too if you are so inclined, geez they are great bikes for both environments. :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
to not track a MV is like going to bed with a beautiful woman and only wanting to hug!

But seriously, I've never had the pleasure of riding a 1000 at the track but I can only imagine :yo: But the 750 is absolutely addictive out in its hometurf, just keep in mind parts and costs, a decent slide would probably cost as much to repair as to buy your gixxer new. But then again no one ever said fun was cheap!

Cheers

·
Registered
37 Posts
ApparitionAGO said:
(And yes, I know this bike will be a logistical nightmare to get into Canada... that is another issue for another time!).

Hey Scott,

You know, you could just sell that Ago to me (fellow Canadian and everything).....hehehehe :stir:

Seriously thinking just going the route I did before to get my SB6 into the country, getting tired of waiting for them to actually be legalized by the RIV! Wish Mike (Nomoevo) was closer to me, instead of 5 hours away. If I could find one in Detroit, since I live right on the border, I could do this....basically the same way I did before. Get him to drop it off at my house, then I can take it from there. I should have moved quicker on that SPR that was for sale a few months back on here from Detroit....

Don't know if you track yours Scott, but if you do, just don't end up like this guy--
http://www.dvkphoto.com/060813/ridergallery_171sil.html
This happened at Road America this summer. I was a few bike lengths back, coming up the hill to turn 6 (Toyota sign), when I saw the dust and the waving yellow flags...All I could think was, "No, not that beautiful Ago".
A few days later, looking for my own pics on that site, I saw that she actually caught him crashing....My condolences to him if he's reading this!

Dave

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
khfx said:
Velocemoto,

I disagree.

NOT snorted 4 lines of coke. Snorted ALL your Coke... AND is quick with a joke... A better differentiation between the 750 and the 1000, methinks.

:laughing: I disagree with your disagreement. One is a pure bred race machine and the other is an overstuffed couch. How you like them apples :ahhh: :laughing:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts