MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there.

I have just about finished the installation of the Bazzaz ZF1 unit, which has gone reasonably well. However, I am just struggling to find the last wire from the TPS unit. Has anyone who has done this install got any pics or hints.:naughty:

Thanks

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its one of the cables to the throttle body
Thanks dudman.

The instructions are a little vague here, its a purple green wire that I am after, coming from the TPS. I was hoping that someone has a photo or a little bit more detail to help me on my way:naughty:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Getting her ready

Pics of the process

Attachments

·
Registered
571 Posts
Been trying to upload a pic but can't get it to upload. Peel back the outer cover on the cable leading to the throttle body and splice into the purple/green wire. Its a little easier if you undo the starter relay and move it out the way to give you more room to make the connection

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Been trying to upload a pic but can't get it to upload. Peel back the outer cover on the cable leading to the throttle body and splice into the purple/green wire. Its a little easier if you undo the starter relay and move it out the way to give you more room to make the connection
Great, thanks very much that's good information.

Pic if you can:yo:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorted

Thanks for your tip dudman it certainly was a bit of a pain, but sorted now

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So she has thrown up a phase sensor fault. Any reason why this should occur?

·
Administrator
20,359 Posts
I think you had best contact Bazzaz with that question. I don't think tapping the TPS should have caused that, but they may know something I don't.

By the way...that pic looks more like you got a green/purple wire...green should be the thin tracer color on a predominantly purple wire.

Reactions: saul

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think you had best contact Bazzaz with that question. I don't think tapping the TPS should have caused that, but they may know something I don't.

By the way...that pic looks more like you got a green/purple wire...green should be the thin tracer color on a predominantly purple wire.
Thanks Ill check when I get home. If I have grabbed the wrong wire that will be enough to confuse the system I'm sure.:jsm:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Ill check when I get home. If I have grabbed the wrong wire that will be enough to confuse the system I'm sure.:jsm:
All sorted guys thanks very much. The error was caused by an air sensor hose I had dislodged when I took the air box of.

I'm all good to go :f4:

Happy days:mouthwate

·
Administrator
20,359 Posts
That explains it....intake air pressure sensor used to determine which cylinder is on intake stroke so ECU can set timing/injection phasing.
Pretty standard practice these days, does away with need for cam position sensor.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All back together and looking fantastic, so happy. I'm ready to ride :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
what ^ said - Saul how is she now with the bazzaz ? Ride safe -shiny side up ;)

Reactions: saul

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Right sorry guys haven't seen this pop up.

The install for the bazzaz unit went well once I sorted two mistakes. 1 the correct wire purple green wire at the TPS end and the sorting the air sensor I had dislodged. So both were my errors :smoking:

There is not much room to locate the Bazzaz unit under the passenger seat but it does fit. However, nothing else will now.

I have not really played around with it much apart from ensuring that the software is communicating and all is happy. I was going to take it to the dyno but decided to get a Bazzaz self mapper instead so I could do that. Its running happy with one of the maps that is available but the whole reason I got it is so I can get it to run as well as it can.

The self mapper is a super easy install to start with but there is a small catch and one that you need to be aware of. The O2 sensor on the Bazzaz self mapper is 18mm and the OEM O2 sensor is 12mm and you need to move the site slightly as there is a oil hose running right where the original O2 sensor is located. A little frustrating:jsm:

I haven't had the time to get this done yet.

All good fun and has allowed me to get to know the bike really well.:f4:

·
Registered
68 Posts
I know it's an old thread but I'm just curious to know how you found the bike after the mapping and if you ended up taking it to the dyno? I'm having one installed on my bike right now and it I'm curious to know what your results were. Interestingly I was told my bike was throwing a phase sensor error so I wonder if it's a similar issue to a dislodged air sensor. anyway any info would be great since I can't wait to get my bike back!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts