MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I want to go back to GP shift on my F3
All I can find is a CNC Racing GP shifter assy that allows you to use the factory "Pull" sensor.

CNC Racing makes a rearset were you can pick Road or GP but it doens't list if the sensor needs to be replaced and changed to a "Push" or if it uses the factory sensor.

If anyone has gone to GP, how did you do it? New sensor? old sensor?

Thanks

Edit:
Found info on it. I need a reset like Sato makes. or a adaptor for the shifter. haven't heard anything back from CNC Racing

·
Registered
138 Posts
If by GP you mean race shift, mine has just been done.
I have lightec rearsets and standard push QS on the F3. The QS rod was turned upside down and and moved to the other side of the rocker arm on the rearset.
Can take a pic if you need.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I want to go back to GP shift on my F3
All I can find is a CNC Racing GP shifter assy that allows you to use the factory "Pull" sensor.

CNC Racing makes a rearset were you can pick Road or GP but it doens't list if the sensor needs to be replaced and changed to a "Push" or if it uses the factory sensor.

If anyone has gone to GP, how did you do it? New sensor? old sensor?

Thanks

Edit:
Found info on it. I need a reset like Sato makes. or a adaptor for the shifter. haven't heard anything back from CNC Racing
Hello Brent,

I would suggest looking at:

http://feelthetrack.com/testing-program/sportbike-models-tested/mv-f3-800-design-corse-gp-shift-upgrade/

Hope it helps:)

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have the Lightech rearsets which allow you to attach the rod with the sensor in front of the shift lever pivot so that when I push down it actuates by pushing the shift rod with the sensor up.

I hope this makes some kind of sense.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the Lightech rearsets which allow you to attach the rod with the sensor in front of the shift lever pivot so that when I push down it actuates by pushing the shift rod with the sensor up.

Actually if you could, please take pic of it.

The QS sensor on my bike reads "pull"

·
Registered
138 Posts

Hi Dazo. I'd be interested in a pic of your set up as we've got the same rearsets but set up differently. You are running race/gp shift ? As mine was set like yours and it was road shift.

·
Registered
55 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
I know this isn't the best picture, but if you look at the shift linkage it is connected to the holes behind the pivot (not in front as I previously thought).
The holes in front of the pivot allow for standard shifting. You may also notice my linkage doesn't go through the fancy hole in the frame like it does with the factory rearsets.

I found this picture of my bike on my phone, so if you guys would like a rearset specific photo, let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
I know this isn't the best picture, but if you look at the shift linkage it is connected to the holes behind the pivot (not in front as I previously thought).
The holes in front of the pivot allow for standard shifting. You may also notice my linkage doesn't go through the fancy hole in the frame like it does with the factory rearsets.

I found this picture of my bike on my phone, so if you guys would like a rearset specific photo, let me know.

I tried loading the pic of mine but its too large.

Mine is the same as yours although the QS and rod are around the other way. I have a the first gen QS which is push which maybe why mine has to be turned.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts