Discussion Starter #1

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have the Matris M4R on my Brutale. I love the looks and it works very well. Plenty of adjustability. Personally I like this look better than the Ohlins/Scott approach, but that's me.

For aggressive riding I think it is a good safety feature.

Attachments

·
Registered
261 Posts
spalding12 said:
yes.... also nice
the thing is.... i have never owned a torque wrench
i guess it's time to buy one..... right?
I decided to "bite the bullet" and invest in a couple of torque wrenches. Torque settings are critical for many of the fastners on the MV. You will probably need two, one for the lighter stuff and a heavy duty 1/2 in drive for things like the rear hub nut, ect... Prepare to drop +$200 for couple good ones from Sears/Craftsman. Get the model that displays in digits both ft/lbs and Nw/Mts. They are easier to use and there is no question what the setting is. Stay away from the Chinese cheapos. Just MHO.

·
Registered
798 Posts
ks9mm said:
I ordered one as well, last week.

How long is the wait for you?
Chris said before the end of September.
I am in no real rush. I bought it for use on the track and there really aren't any more track days I can attend this year anyway. In fact, I am just now ordering a trailer, leathers, tie downs, etc. for next year. I have only been to the track 3 times in my life and all were CSS level I-III using their bikes. I can't wait to get the Brutale out there.

·
Registered
304 Posts
anucci said:
I am in no real rush. I bought it for use on the track and there really aren't any more track days I can attend this year anyway. In fact, I am just now ordering a trailer, leathers, tie downs, etc. for next year. I have only been to the track 3 times in my life and all were CSS level I-III using their bikes. I can't wait to get the Brutale out there.
common man!!
there are plenty of track days left this year!!

www.teampromotion.com
http://www.citadelmotorsports.com/nysbc/default.asp
www.nesba.com

·
Registered
154 Posts
anucci said:
Track days are year-round in California. I recommend removing the headlight unit as well as the side blinkers. Also, the license plate holder and rear blinkers come off easy too, and get a license plate relocater kit as well for the street if you're going to take the rear off. The rear end looks really nice and cleaner. If someone has an idea for number plate that fits well on the front with the headlight removed, I'd be interested. And the last thing I would recommend is frame sliders. Damper may be a good idea depending on the type of track or it may just be an expensive bling-bling.

·
Registered
798 Posts
ks9mm said:
I live in the northeast and I don't have any vacation days left. So the only ones I can make are on the weekend and at Pocono. There are only one or two of those left and one falls on my daughter's birthday. And like I said, I don't even have my own trailer or leathers yet. So sadly it will have to wait until next year. I was planning on joining teampromotion. Seems like a good club.

·
Registered
798 Posts
herrsonic said:
Track days are year-round in California. I recommend removing the headlight unit as well as the side blinkers. Also, the license plate holder and rear blinkers come off easy too, and get a license plate relocater kit as well for the street if you're going to take the rear off. The rear end looks really nice and cleaner. If someone has an idea for number plate that fits well on the front with the headlight removed, I'd be interested. And the last thing I would recommend is frame sliders. Damper may be a good idea depending on the type of track or it may just be an expensive bling-bling.
Unfortunately, I live in the very shitty (weather wise) northeast (been raining here for the past 4 days). I may go out to Laguna or Willow after January when I am buried in snow and can't ride any more and I have more vacation days. But I will be using the school's bike again. Thanks for the advice. I plan on ordering the R&G sliders/protectors from eMoto within the next week. I have already replaced the license plate holder with a carbon piece from eMoto. I plan on removing it before I hit the track. A number plate holder that replaces the headlight would be great! Maybe a winter project for me.

·
Registered
304 Posts
anucci said:
I live in the northeast and I don't have any vacation days left. So the only ones I can make are on the weekend and at Pocono. There are only one or two of those left and one falls on my daughter's birthday. And like I said, I don't even have my own trailer or leathers yet. So sadly it will have to wait until next year. I was planning on joining teampromotion. Seems like a good club.
Let me know when you are ready!

I ride with team promotion and nysportbikeclub.

may i recomend ebay for all your track needs? leathers, and all...

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
anucci said:
I just ordered the Matris damper from Chris at OnCycle. Great guy, and nice 25% discount.
25%?????? Is that for all board members on that damper??? Or was that because you were the 1st to buy it from him?

How much is one? He only has the rear shocks as Matris Products available for a Brutale....

·
Registered
798 Posts
oicdn said:
25%?????? Is that for all board members on that damper??? Or was that because you were the 1st to buy it from him?

How much is one? He only has the rear shocks as Matris Products available for a Brutale....
Open to ALL members. It's not listed on their website, so you have to call.
It was $450 with the discount.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 77 Posts