MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guy’s
This is directed to MV owners in Western Australia, where do you take your bike when time for a major service? Just had a crap job done on mine, could not even put the bike back together properly. When you pay a shit load of money for somethings to be done right I expected better!!! Makes me think what else did they do (or didn’t do) Were supposed to loosen the rear wheel as I couldn’t budge it * Yes we loosened the wheel and greased the threads it will be fine now* I still can’t move it FFS! 500km 5hour round trip for shit.
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Tire

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Outdoor shoe Bicycle part Bumper

·
Registered
343 Posts
I just had major service, shims, fork seals, new chain and sprockets. Last year had rear hub serviced at same place and then new rear tyre fitted at different workshop and they had no trouble with getting wheel off, they had proper MV socket for wheel nut and pro digital long arm tourque wrench and greased the threads too. Justin at Protwin for the servicing and Steve at Bike Doctor for tyres. I take my Guzzi to Bike Doc for tyres too. Justin was recommended to me by a bloke with a F4 750. There is the old dealer in Bayswater, and the new dealer in Osborne park but I haven't used them so don't have personal experience.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just had major service, shims, fork seals, new chain and sprockets. Last year had rear hub serviced at same place and then new rear tyre fitted at different workshop and they had no trouble with getting wheel off, they had proper MV socket for wheel nut and pro digital long arm tourque wrench and greased the threads too. Justin at Protwin for the servicing and Steve at Bike Doctor for tyres. I take my Guzzi to Bike Doc for tyres too. Justin was recommended to me by a bloke with a F4 750. There is the old dealer in Bayswater, and the new dealer in Osborne park but I haven't used them so don't have personal experience.
Stay away from Osbourne Park!!!

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I do all my own , they’re not that hard to work on and with what you probably spent you could by the stuff/specific tools and with the help of this forum tackle it yourself. I’m on my sixth MV now and do all my own. Every service I ever got from a dealer (in order to keep the warranty only) was fucked up . Even got my 1078 back once with the left side axle nut hand tight .

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do all my own , they’re not that hard to work on and with what you probably spent you could by the stuff/specific tools and with the help of this forum tackle it yourself. I’m on my sixth MV now and do all my own. Every service I ever got from a dealer (in order to keep the warranty only) was fucked up . Even got my 1078 back once with the left side axle nut hand tight .
Been working and building my own bikes for 50 years, it’s lean angle sensor I had to get checked and the fault cleared (which they still did not do)

·
Registered
241 Posts
If you have issues in the future getting the rear wheel off my favorite trick is to back the bike up to something stationary (4x4 wood leg of my workbench usually) put the front of the bike on a stand to hold it upright and then run a ratchet strap thru the top and bottom of the wheel tightening the wheel to the workbench leg.
put the socket on the wheel and whatever size breaker bar is required to budge the axle nut

Reactions: Jigsaw312rr
1 - 7 of 7 Posts