MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a water pump large O ring seal for the impeller housing and the smaller O ring seal that seals the pump housing where it goes into the cases. The dealer I bought my bike from is being shall we say slow to respond? This is for the upgraded MV water pump but I am thinking the seals should be the same as the only difference is the outer impeller housing cover being deeper for the larger impeller. If I am wrong on this please do straighten me out on this.
Where can I get these two O ring seals?
Thanks

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
I need a water pump large O ring seal for the impeller housing and the smaller O ring seal that seals the pump housing where it goes into the cases. The dealer I bought my bike from is being shall we say slow to respond? This is for the upgraded MV water pump but I am thinking the seals should be the same as the only difference is the outer impeller housing cover being deeper for the larger impeller. If I am wrong on this please do straighten me out on this.
Where can I get these two O ring seals?
Thanks

Well, for new service parts like these I would try another dealer with some " get up and go " Stateside there must be a host of them to choose from but I have found "Cycles 128" in Ma to be very good.

It would be prudent to do a bit of research on the parts manuals provided by Donsy...

joe

·
Administrator
19,860 Posts
Common o-rings can also be sourced from local suppliers and industrial suppliers. MV didn't get "special one off" o-rings for their engine.

McMaster-Carr can probably hook you up if you have the measurements and know the material basics...but you'll have to buy a minimum quantity. Would likely still be cheaper than the dealer supplied OEM part.

Or you could walk into any well equipped metric motorcycle dealer who has a Wurth Fasteners shop supplies assortment and find one in their shop supplies drawers.

Ask Noel the Knurl for some assistance on o-rings....he has an open account at McMaster-Carr.

·
Registered
14,506 Posts
O-rings?

Rod;
the best place for O-rings is McMaster-Carr

you want the Buna-N ones

don't forget O-rings are measured by the ID and cross section

·
Registered
14,506 Posts
McMaster-Carr can probably hook you up if you have the measurements and know the material basics...but you'll have to buy a minimum quantity. Would likely still be cheaper than the dealer supplied OEM part.
yup, the big fuel pump plate O-ring is $11.74 at the dealer

25 cost $7.48 through McMaster-Carr or $0.30 each:drummer:

thats why i give them away

1 - 9 of 9 Posts