MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought the whitelights integrated brake and turn signals unit. has anyone installed one? can you please advise on the wiring and where what goes? came with no manual so i tried deducing what goes where and needless to say it didn't work out. any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Splicing necessary unless you have this.
the problem is that there are the 3 main wires that go into the (excuse my lack of actual terms for these adapters) main clip that controls the brakes. thats no problem. but the whitelights unit has only 1 wire per blinker where as the oem wiring has 2 per blinker (one being ground and the other live).

so what do you do??

what i did was merge the blinker grounds coming from the bike to the ground going to the brake light, and attached the live R and L wires. all that did was turn off the brake light when i brake, and flash the brake light when i turn on the signals.

all in all, there are 7 wires coming from the bike, but only 5 on the whitelights unit...

·
Super Moderator
22,876 Posts
So that indicates that the White Lights Turn Signals are grounded to the chassis of the unit.

Running LIght - Hot
Brake Light - Intermittent Hot
Unit Ground
Right Turn Signal - Intermittent Hot
Left Turn Signal - Intermittent Hot

Hook it up so that you don't use the MV Turn Signal Grounds.

Reactions: MV Arthur

·
Super Moderator
22,876 Posts
From what company did you buy the kit?

Can you post a link to it?

·
Super Moderator
22,876 Posts
Send AL at DC a message asking for install directions. He is very responsive.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Send AL at DC a message asking for install directions. He is very responsive.
Actually figured out. Will put it here for whomever does a search looking for these answers. What a pain in the ass. Wouldn't have killed them to include a very simple little document in there...

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So the oem light has White, Brown and Black wires, attached to the clip (not sure what thats called). Those three wires attach to the White lights light, which has Black, Red and White wires, in the following order:
Brake light:
F3 White -> WL Black
F3 Black -> WL Red
F3 Brown -> WL White

Turn signals was the confusing one as the oem cabling has Black and Red wires for Left and Blue and Black wires for the Right. The WL signal wiring only has 2 wires, one Yellow and the other Blue. You only need the Black wires from the oem side. I snipped and shrink wrapped them to keep them out of the way.
F3 Black (from the one with the Red) -> WL Yello
F3 Black (from the one with the Blue) -> WL Blue

And thats it. Worked 100%. This might be a simple thing for a season mechanic but it was a head scratcher for me. First time I tried wiring on my bike. Was fun, albeit frustrating, to figure it out.

Attachments

·
Registered
175 Posts
So the oem light has White, Brown and Black wires, attached to the clip (not sure what thats called). Those three wires attach to the White lights light, which has Black, Red and White wires, in the following order:
Brake light:
F3 White -> WL Black
F3 Black -> WL Red
F3 Brown -> WL White

Turn signals was the confusing one as the oem cabling has Black and Red wires for Left and Blue and Black wires for the Right. The WL signal wiring only has 2 wires, one Yellow and the other Blue. You only need the Black wires from the oem side. I snipped and shrink wrapped them to keep them out of the way.
F3 Black (from the one with the Red) -> WL Yello
F3 Black (from the one with the Blue) -> WL Blue

And thats it. Worked 100%. This might be a simple thing for a season mechanic but it was a head scratcher for me. First time I tried wiring on my bike. Was fun, albeit frustrating, to figure it out.

Glad you got it figured out. I recently ran into the same issue. Did you test the blink rate to see if you needed a resistor? I did with mine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts