MV Agusta Forum banner

Which version is this F4?

4K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  EVO Chris 
#1 ·
Hello all! After 11 years of riding Japanese sports bikes I've decided to take the plunge and buy the dream!

I have been trying to figure out all the different variants, editions etc and I came across this bike and I'm stumped. F4 Cagiva research crentre?? I can't find any information on this model. It looks quite similar to a tamburini, can anyone enlighten me?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
its hard to know from that image alone, a lot of things are going on. It has oro wheels or at least gold painted early F4 wheels, 1000R forks, and some kind of knock off tambo bodywork.

#4 ·
From scanning around the forum and seeing other bikes online, it seems to be fairly common for people to be customising or chop & changing things over. Seriously, do these guys think they're able to improve the aesthetics!!?? Or accident damage examples?

#7 ·
The MV looks like a muddle up of others, someone has put some wrench time into it, custom seat cover, unique and not too nice paint scheme, gold painted wheels or mag oro wheels (would say gold painted) and upgraded forks, I would say to want to do that its been in an accident. Do you know what cc it is and has it got a clean title? CRC is Cagiva Research Centre involved in producing the early F4's. My EVO 3 (2003) has CRC cast into all the metal bits. I would find as original F4 as you can and avoid issue later. Looks like a bad Tamburini copy.

#9 ·
sls, that looks like a 100S custom job, often happens when people improve on a older model, like adding radial brakes etc, that's not a sin. Worse have been done. For all the various production models produced to date, have a look here - http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/bikes/mv agusta.htm

#11 ·
Two as far as I know, hard to tell thought, Blake will know better but he only added two to the registry.
You cant buy them around any corner, and can hardly get them into the USA. There is one for sale in Monaco at the moment, not sure if it's a Pista or Strada though.

#12 ·
Luckily I'm in the UK ;)

Yes I also saw the one for sale in Monaco. Looks in fantastic condition although it's a shame they took the 99 plaque. I presume all Veltro's are issued with the certificate of authenticity and will MV Agusta acknowledge whether a VIN number matches the bike spec?

So is the biposto Veltro legitimate? If so how much do you reckon it's worth?

#15 ·
Originality of some bikes is key, just finished restoring an RD125lc MK1 circa 1983 which was a huge hit in the 80's in the UK, but good original parts are rare to find now and took 6 months to source, 3 years must be a ball ache but pleasing to find.

Attachments

Reactions: Nito
#17 ·
sls , the Veltro Strada we are selling has his numbered plate with of course but not instaled on the bike ;) We have too the pista number 11 for sale Donsy :)

#19 · (Edited)
Oh that's sensible of your dad MVBERT. I was bought a New CBR600 (MK1) at 18, my dad said my MBX Honda was not designed for 100mph (tuned) so I needed something that was capable :), my mum was not best please, I was and promptly fell off 6 weeks later and broke my collar bone doh. The RD is a full power version and will hit 100mph with a push (on the 30 year clock) The MBX in the picture has a brand new old stock (30 years old) micron on it that sounds ace.

Agusta 17 - its Chinese quad 125 for plodding around the garden, could not pronounce the make so I wont but it looks like yungosungoosanyongsillycrap, or something like that. Great for £500, electric start, disc brakes copy Honda 125 four stroke engine etc. the kids use it to collect my beers from the house to the summer house. :)

#20 ·
Your reminding me of my misspent youth, I know the MBX 125 sounds ace with the micron exhaust.
As for mums not been pleased, ha ha, my brother crashed his car and my old man nagged me not to crash the bike as one of our neighbors grassed me up for 'hanging right off it'.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.