MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike arrived with a set of Michelin Power Race tyres fitted and I spotted some good deals for Pilot Sports and wondered what people would recommed for general road use?

Bike is an '05 F4S

·
Registered
40 Posts
For everyday street/road use, I'd recommend Pilot Powers, Dunlop Qualifiers, or Pirelli Diablo Corsa's. I'd avoid using the DOT race tires on the street as their grip doesn't come in until they've been sufficiently heated up, and this level of heat up only occurs at the track.

Joe

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
molan said:
My bike arrived with a set of Michelin Power Race tyres fitted and I spotted some good deals for Pilot Sports and wondered what people would recommed for general road use?

Bike is an '05 F4S
Powers every time :)

·
Registered
284 Posts
I used the pilot power race tire on the street, nice grip, does require some heat up but it doesnt take long, I like them but I went back to powers ct afterwards. Too expensive for reg street riding.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
you cant the beat the Powers for all around use.

you mentioned a "good deal" on Pilot Sports....if you are refering to the actual Mich Pilot Sport, then it is the predecessor to the Mich Power....that said, I never liked the Pilots, and was a Diablo Corsa man, Until the Powers came along.

If you do run the Power race on the street, Be Careful in cool temps.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Just find a good source of track day tyres that only have the edges worn off - that's what I do and race tyres are good enough for me coz I don't put my knee to the ground through any corner!!!!

·
Registered
330 Posts
you guys are going to think I am crazy but I live in south Louisiana and it rains a lot n the roads are trashed. I am really considering getting a set of those Dunlop d616's (think that is the name of the tire. they come stock on Buell Ulyses) look cool and might not send me into a cane field if I hit a little bit of gravel. someone look at those things and then tell me if I am nuts! I really like them but I think they are far from race. there are actually a few guys running full race wets out here in the winter that they score of ebay but seems a little too soft?

·
Registered
419 Posts
I've had DC's then moved up to Supercorsa pros and gotta agree with Troz, even on the street where temps don't get as high as on the track the Supercorsas (SC1 & 2's) are still the best for me (just not in the wet).

·
Registered
360 Posts
+ 1 with respect to the dragon supercorsas in the wet. Something to do with the slick sides.... Great if you dont ride in the rain though.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I've been using Pilot Roads for the past couple hundred miles. BMW guys say they get 11K miles out of a set...

Since I ride about $14K miles a year, I need tires that last. And since I drive aggressively every so often, so I need tires that don't let go.

You can read this post I made about an article I read:

http://mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5004

I'm in complete aggreeance with that article, as I know no noticeable difference in grip between the two tires, with the exception of profile, and now, tread life. I think alot of people buy the softer rubber more for peace of mind, rather than actual limit of the tires. I've gone faster around some turns on these Roads, than I have ever come close to doing on my Sports...

Here you can read my opinions on the PIlot Roads:

http://mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5132

My opinions have changed slightly though. They're as awesome as the day I got them. They leaning is so awesome on them, and the stability and feedback is phenomenal...I think I've found my tire for life...they're that good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts