MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to change my tires and I would like to know which is the best one. I'm not concern about durability or price, just want them to grip like chewing gum...I had the Pirelli Dragon Supercorsa and they are quite good for my driving skills (happy, but not agressive riding) and they last me 10000 km (more than what I thought they would). This is my first choice unless there is something MUCH better. Hope you guys can help me.
By the way...is it normal rear tire degrades on center section and front one on sides...? Is it because my driving...?

MV'sssssssssss

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do you do a lot of highway riding? This is a common wear pattern for a ton of straight line riding. It is the cupping from highway riding that causing the front tire to be finished and the rear will have a center wear pattern.

I would look at the Pilot Powers. I think they are MUCH better but someone else will have a different take. They come on the 750 and I was pissed when I did not get them on my 910. They are great tires. I have gone through about 4 to 5 sets in the pass year or two on other bikes and I have nothing to negative to say about them. I have run them on the track as well and have been very happy with them.

I guess I should also say HI being my first post.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I think I just busted my rear tire with a HUGE screw...so I will probably be looking at tires as well...

I really like supercorsa for the track, but I will be considering Michelins Pilot powers for the street..

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have had the Supercorsa, and now I have fitted a pair of Pilot Race in medium compound. Have ridden them on track and road. I think they are perfect - a little better in the wet than the Pirellis. If I did´t lowed trackdays so much I would consider the Pilot Power CT2, thay are supposed to be really good. :drummer: :blah:

·
Banned
112 Posts
you can use also Pirelli DIABLO III very good

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
cobknob said:
Do you do a lot of highway riding? This is a common wear pattern for a ton of straight line riding. It is the cupping from highway riding that causing the front tire to be finished and the rear will have a center wear pattern.

I would look at the Pilot Powers. I think they are MUCH better but someone else will have a different take. They come on the 750 and I was pissed when I did not get them on my 910. They are great tires. I have gone through about 4 to 5 sets in the pass year or two on other bikes and I have nothing to negative to say about them. I have run them on the track as well and have been very happy with them.

I guess I should also say HI being my first post.
Welcome Aaron!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts