MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Looks like it could be off a Checca. These were single cylinder 4 stroke made by MV throughout the 1960's they were actually produced in 83 and 99cc capacities, could also be of a 125 GT or GTL again a 1960's 4 stroke single design. The 150RS had that design on the tank but the bottom curved down towards the back whereas yours appears to be flat all the way along. Just found a picture of a 125 GTL which has that design of tank (sorry can't post it cos I dont have a scanner) do the front webs have a bolt hole for securing to the headstock? :) Welcome to the site BTW.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much :)
Correct, the bottom is flat.
It appears that, unfortunately, somebody has "modified" the tank a little bit :stickpoke
The seller told me, that the tank had originally two bolt holes, one on each side, but he shortened the front of the tank, to make it suitable for a other bike. I will send more pictures tomorrow.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
In that case, I'm pretty sure its off a Gran Turisimo Lusso (GTL) which were the sports version of the 125 with clip ons and a 5 speed gearbox circa 1965.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I only found a picture from a 125 G.T.L.S from 1971 (not the same tank I think): http://thebikemuseum.com/master_view.php?id=39&MV Agusta&125 g.t.l.s.

But I found a picture from a 125 Monoalbero (?):

http://www.motoclub-tingavert.it/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=14002

The bike below the red one has a similar tank-styling. But the fuel cock on this tank appears to be mounted more at the rear of the tank and the bottom is not flat I guess.

The seller send me some pictures from the tank, as he had bought it.
By the way, the tank has a pin in the back for tank-attachment.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
What are you planning to do with the tank Mission? Do you have other parts of the bike or just the tank?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts