MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So lucky me - I did some 'extra' work for my boss's super hot 23 year old daughter and she would like to buy me some motorcycle parts for Christmas - she actually said 'Ducati' bits but I figured maybe some adjustable rearsets for the Brutale - but which ones?

What have you guys spent your hard earned money on? I'd like some feed back on fit, finish and functional use - I weight my pegs quite a bit and like serrated solid pegs that have decent grip - any thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I have the Gilles rearsets on my Brutale... and really like them. They are very "grippy". I have noticed that you will need to use the supplied spacers when mounting, which brings the position of your feet out a bit -- your feet will be placed a little wider than OEM peg position.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Quacker998

I have had to make the same decision recently. Wasn't sure what way to jump, but after a fair bit of searching I decided to go with the Moto Corse rear sets. They are very simple and very light. The ride height is slightly higher (they have a two position mounting, but nothing worth talking about). They are pretty gripping also. Have a look at their web site as they have them mounted on their show bike which in itself has some very very nice touches to it.

Regards

Simon.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Skippernana said:
Quacker998

I have had to make the same decision recently. Wasn't sure what way to jump, but after a fair bit of searching I decided to go with the Moto Corse rear sets. They are very simple and very light. The ride height is slightly higher (they have a two position mounting, but nothing worth talking about). They are pretty gripping also. Have a look at their web site as they have them mounted on their show bike which in itself has some very very nice touches to it.

Regards

Simon.

+1 on moto corse.

Got some pics here:

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2899

·
Registered
917 Posts
all this talk about rearsets is very interesting, I'm sure- but I'd like to hear more about the more important point : "So lucky me - I did some 'extra' work for my boss's super hot 23 year old daughter " :)

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the replies

Yes - and she's a billionaire and a real darling [i'm not kidding] The trouble with 'things' that you cant have - you just want them all the more...... er, back to the rear sets -

Someone told me the satos tend to flex a bit - true or not?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I chose the Avvi Meccanica's - simple design, heavy duty, easily adjustable.
Shown on my registry pics

·
Registered
56 Posts
Quacker998

Another reason I went for the Moto Corse is they are just a rear set. So you can stay with the stock levers and heel guards. Keeps it simple/clean looking down there.

Si.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I just put the Rizoma's on and what a differance. They match well with the bike and they came with all the levers. I am very impressed with them, look and feel. I was really looking at the Sato's but for the extra $30 I figured it was worth it for the brake lever. Heel guards fit on bike with only 1 spacer on right side. And i like the adjustment on the outside.

·
Registered
38 Posts
SinCityBrutale910R said:
I just put the Rizoma's on and what a differance. They match well with the bike and they came with all the levers. I am very impressed with them, look and feel. I was really looking at the Sato's but for the extra $30 I figured it was worth it for the brake lever. Heel guards fit on bike with only 1 spacer on right side. And i like the adjustment on the outside.

+1 on the Rizoma's. Look and feel great !! Love the fact that they come with the matching levers for both sides.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
quacker998 said:
So lucky me - I did some 'extra' work for my boss's super hot 23 year old daughter .....
Does her dad know what 'extra' work you did to his daughter??? Be careful, us dads can have you killed....:stickpoke

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I got to say for the price the Ferracci ones look very good - I can get the Rizomas for $520 delivered - but they look a bit 'flexy' - I saw some gilles ones on a zx10 trackbike the other day and with one finger I could push the peg in and make the whole unit flex inward!

thanks for all the replies

1 - 20 of 27 Posts