MV Agusta Forum banner

Which scheme to go for?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Given that I need to do some painting to the ol' SR I was contemplating how to finish it off. I like the Red over Silver so that will be the basic scheme. I have mono subframe and seat unit to go on. I am torn between 3 options.
Stock SR (Silver Wheels)
The ORO scheme (Gold Swingarm, Frame Plates and Wheels)
AGO scheme (Decal Kit, Titanium Colour Swingarm and Frame Plates, Red Seat). Not sure the AGO replica will look that good without the 10-spoke Marchesini's. Somebody could make my mind up with a cheap set of 10-spokes :naughty:

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
It appears the Ago is the winner. :) :guitarist :stickpoke

Accepting the Tambo I'm not a fan of gold bits( though gold clamp on that F4 in the other thread didn't look too bad) and the Tambo doesn't have the gold swingarm; I much prefer the titanium colour swingarm to the black. The Ago would look better with the 10 spokes but still beautiful without them and you can always upgrade later.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Agree...red and silver it is!
And those bright gold monoblock brembos are to die for.... (the only gold exception)

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
MV-999R...you can keep those black wheels. :laughing: :stickpoke

agusta01, absolutely those gold brembos are to die for. :guitarist

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
i'm up to almost 40 different color schemes and none of them blow the stock red/silver scheme away. if you just want something different, then why not go in a completely new direction? do you have another set of fairings or you going to paint the originals?

to answer your question...i would go stock, then the oro over the ago. especially if you aren't going to do the marchesini's.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Rockethouse said:
MV-999R...you can keep those black wheels. :laughing: :stickpoke
No, i don't have them.
But i'll be more than pleased if you send me some black marchesinis :naughty: :naughty: :toothless

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
I thought you were talking painting the standard rims black but black Marchesinis maybe I could live live with though I'd like to see a photoshop first.

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
The Ago is a very classy scheme, I must admit that at first I wasn't so sure about the big #1 and extra red bits, but the more I see it the more I think it is a good representationof the F4 design and MV's racing history.

I think the Ti finished star wheels will look just fine, I remember seeing a F4 750 with the Tamburini replica scheme and the gold star wheels was not very noticable as being different... I didn't even notice it @ 1st. after all only MV enthusiast like you will notice it, and if it bothers you, I guess you will have to pay the big bucks for a real set.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I love the Ago paint scheme, but that could be because I have one. I like everything about it except the red seat. I wish the seat was black or silver. For me it just seems like to much red on the back of the bike. Luck for me that the red seat doesn't make me ride any less than I do.

The first pic is how my bike looked with the titanium colored Al Marchesini's. The second is with black Mg Marchesini's. The third is with the BST's.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
ddnuts said:
I love the Ago paint scheme, but that could be because I have one. I like everything about it except the red seat. I wish the seat was black or silver. For me it just seems like to much red on the back of the bike. Luck for me that the red seat doesn't make me ride any less than I do.
Intersting you feel that way about the red deat as agusta01 recently put an Alcantera seat on his bike and decided to go with the balck after seeing an Ago on the showroom floor but said it's because the 1000 doesn't have the Ago decals to break up the red and it was a good decision as I recently saw an F4 with a red seat and it's definatley too much.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Steptoe said:
The AGO decals are no problem. A seller on ebay UK has them for 25 squid.
... not quite that simple. Put on bunch of stickers without the prep and clearcoat over them, and you'll have yourself a granola Subaru with bunch of bumper stickers look alike that are just about to peel off!!! :loser:
Doing a proper job, would run you several hundred dollars. That is if you want to do it right and you have a trustworthy painter... :stickpoke

·
Registered
127 Posts
This is Steptoes bike we're talking about......I'm going to stick with my idea of advacado green with wood grain siding. The worlds first Agusta "Woody"....oh man, there are at least a dozen good jokes there!!!! :stickpoke :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
878 Posts
BDMF said:
This is Steptoes bike we're talking about......I'm going to stick with my idea of advacado green with wood grain siding. The worlds first Agusta "Woody"....oh man, there are at least a dozen good jokes there!!!! :stickpoke :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
...ahhhh, I understand! My apologies!!! :later:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts