MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK Boys and girls I have done a lot of research on what I want and my dealer has both! Is the cost diff. between the 910 and 910r woth it? "I know,I know" you are getting a great bike either way but are the upgrades less expensive up front or can you achieve the same level of performance for less money by upgrading the 910? Minus wheels and fork/brake combo! :banghead:

·
Registered
571 Posts
Forks: I thought I'd seen them for about $2500 usd

http://www.marzocchi.com/Template/detailSPAForksMoto.asp?IDFolder=128&Sito=usa-moto&LN=UK&mCO=&mCW=!BOE!$Tfsjf$!>!9953&mCJ=&IDOggetto=8877

Wheels: $2008 usd

http://www.emotouk.com/mvagusta/brembo.htm

Brakes: $475 usd

http://www.emotouk.com/mvagusta/braking/details/20834311.htm

Rotors: guessing about $700 usd for pair

Exhaust: $905 usd

http://www.emotouk.com/mvagusta/exhausts/brutale/mvsp.htm

Engine's close to the same I think. Hope this helps.....

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Wheels/fork/brake are the best parts of the R! and the most expensive; it's a bargain.

Honestly I was never tempted by the 910 (I bought my 750 after it was out), until the R.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Glad you asked that question. I have been thinking about starting a new thread asking why each person chose the 910 S or 910 R.
Personally, I have a 2006 Silver 910 S. I chose the S because of the color and 'star' wheels. And, I love the red frame. Overall, I chose the S because it just looks better to me. That's just my personal preference. You cannot go wrong either way. It was just to my advantage that the bike I like is less expensive. If the tables were turned I would still have purchased the bike that 'spoke' to me. Deep down you probably know which one you want.
I did test ride both bikes, although on different days so it's hard to say if there is a noticeable difference in performance. The only thing that REALLY stood out in my mind is the brakes on the 910 R are significantly better.
Hope this helps you out!

Tim

·
Registered
32 Posts
i like TimMV, had no question after riding the 910- knew it was going to be a silver 910s (looks caught the eye most); what when I was shown the 910r, time stopped and the looks over came the price and the wait began.........both repectable, but you have to look at her for a long time- modifcations can be saved for.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I couldn't afford the 'R' so I bought the 'S' - the star wheels, red 'ago' frame scream MV ! to me - I couldn't be happier. The brakes are great properly bedded in, the suspension is fine once set up correctly and the bike turns in quickly enough for me. Obviously if I had bought the 'R' I would be saying the opposite to justify the purchase. I bet I'm still faster than most of you 'R' owners anyway....lol!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have to say I also agree with TimMV and FUBAR - like them I also purchased a silver 910S. Again the #1 reason was the color combination, red frame and silver star wheels. The 910s is such an amazing bike, I'm thrilled with it. I saw the 910r, but I just didn't feel it spoke to me or that it really showed off the key elements like the frame and wheels that attracted me to the Brutale.

This is just my opinion and just having the opportunity to own one of these bikes is good enough for me. My suggestion is to buy what you like, life is short.

BTW - I do really like the RED valve cover on the 910r - that's cool!

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I waited a few months for one of the first 910s and Gladio kit. Funny thing is I wanted to black out the forks, convert to radial brakes, and paint the swingarm, frame plates, and lower tripple silver ala Ago and add Marchesinis.

Then they released/anounced the 910R. :( What a bummer!

The only good thing is that I love the red frame, but I suppose they'll do that next year. :)

If you want the components found on the 910R, then buy the R off the bat. No question in my mind that that is the better way to go. Better resale and less expense then trying to do it yourself. Personally, I'd probably buy the used one listed on the board and save a few $$$.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you all for the info! As I figured the ultimate choice is mine and I guess I need to shit or get off the pot! "sorry if I offend" But as you all speak highly of the bike either machine is the rite choice!! Again Thanks!

·
Registered
75 Posts
If you haven't taken one for a test ride, then do so and you will buy it on the spot! I have owned Ducatis for years and went into the dealership to purchase an S4RS Monster and the dealer had be test ride it and the Brutale and the rest is history!

No looking back, this is the best, most fun bike I have ever owned!

·
Registered
922 Posts
In the looks department, 910S gives you the better choices. In the performance department, I'd probably never use either to the max. In the 'mine's bigger than yours' department...if it comes down to that, well what can I say--I'm just too happy with my 750 screamer to bother about such things. That's not to say you would be too so good luck choosing.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Go for the bike you like best... whatever that may be, as suggested already...

i DON"T fancy the 'Y' spoke rims of the R, (or that they are black rims)... i like the Star rims... the Brembos are the main APPEAL to me out of anything on the R model... having a CBR i am used to the Nissin breaks so that isn't enough to sway me...

and yes... get the colour scheme u like best... if the R isn't the colour for u... then go for the colour u like best... at the end of the day u won't be dissapointed with either... so get what YOU want and don't worry about the finer details... or what anyone else thinks... it won't effect your 'joy' factor when riding...

Good luck and let us know what u end up deciding on!!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
The upgrades on the R are a good value. However, I bought the Silver/Red S even though the $$$ difference was not a significant issue because 1) like so many on this thread, I liked the Silver/Red frame color combo way over the R and 2) my "talent/ability" cannot take advantage of the performance/upgrade difference between the S and R. Hell, I am use to riding "classic" BMWs with roughly 50-75 hp, old drum brakes, and skinny little tires. I have to admit, I have become addicted to the performance and handling of the Brutale in a short time.

·
Registered
503 Posts
As mentioned the upgrades on the "R" are a great value. It would cost more to upgrade an "S" to that level. On my bikes I always end up reworking suspension so I went for the "R" to save that hassle and expense. Besides, I couldn't take my eyes off of it in the showroom. Some people mention the star wheels in favor of the "S", but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The functionality of the forged wheels make them beautiful in my eyes, lighter wheels are better!

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
NO brain washing here I am sold on the bike! Have been ever since I saw the original Brutale years ago. At the time could not afford so I chose the next best thing the Triumph SP3 . But now I'm ready and can afford the Brut. and have been sold on the Slv/Red myself "just something about that color combo" Again thanks for the info and I will post pic's with my choice! Well when the snow is off the ground!!!! :freezing:

·
Registered
349 Posts
I originally came into the dealership wanting the 910s (black with red frame).
And then i noticed the R, the appeal of looking like a wolf in sheeps clothing made the bike that much more desirable to me. Its very stealth looking. I have to agree with the members here, go with the one that "speaks" to you. At the end of the day, its those "whispers" that will leave you smillng.

·
Registered
456 Posts
CHB said:
NO brain washing here I am sold on the bike! Have been ever since I saw the original Brutale years ago. At the time could not afford so I chose the next best thing the Triumph SP3 . But now I'm ready and can afford the Brut. and have been sold on the Slv/Red myself "just something about that color combo" Again thanks for the info and I will post pic's with my choice! Well when the snow is off the ground!!!! :freezing:
I was in the same shoes as you were Chris. I had an 02 SP3 and yearned for a Brutale. Just could not afford it. Well the time was right and I sold the Trumpet for a great price and bought the R. Most amazing bike that I ever laid my eyes upon. I loved it even before I rode it. Now...... I'm addicted. It's an amazing machine.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts