MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you may know I've had a holding deposit on a secondhand F4 1000 for some months now waiting for some audio speakers to sell....well they're not sold yet but if the bank will give me the money I'm going to finance the purchase.

Now the thing is another MV has come up for sale and I'm not sure which one to go for...price for both is close enough not to be a concern and both bikes are supposedly flawless (except for the scuff on bike 1.)

Bike1. 05 F4 1000 1+1 with 1500kms on the clock, RG3's and a scuff on the front guard I'm told that happened when the forks bottomed out...I'm suspicious... this bike is in a different state so I cannot personally inspect it though I have asked someone if they might be able to go and check it out.

Bike2. 04 F4 1000 with 4300kms, RG3's and Marchesini rims...can't believe I forgot to ask if it's a 1+1 or not (as if it's not this may be a deal breaker for me) but I do like those rims and it's here in my state and I can take it for a test ride later this week.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Would it be possible to ask the owner of bike #1 to send you some detailled photos by email? :nerd:

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
Sounds to me like you want a 1+1? do you plan to take a girl with you often? it must be a torture to sit on that little pad with 4 burning pipes under it :later:

Personally I just can't imagine that I would ever own a sports bike with a pillion, if I was going to take a passenger, I would get a sport touring bike, but that's just me

I would take the bike 2 with the Marchesini. because I think it's a much better value. not to mention better performance and appearance(no scuff).

Question: is there such a thing as an "04 F4 1000"? although we were able to buy the 1000s in late 04, weren't they an official 05 model?

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
I also like bike #2. Clean, and there are no risks involved. You can easily take a look and test ride it.

I don't know about it being 04, as odonata said. But who cares :)

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just tried to upload some pics I have of the bike and scuff but they are files and wont upload for some reason.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
odonata said:
Sounds to me like you want a 1+1? do you plan to take a girl with you often? it must be a torture to sit on that little pad with 4 burning pipes under it :later:

Personally I just can't imagine that I would ever own a sports bike with a pillion, if I was going to take a passenger, I would get a sport touring bike, but that's just me

I would take the bike 2 with the Marchesini. because I think it's a much better value. not to mention better performance and appearance(no scuff).

Question: is there such a thing as an "04 F4 1000"? although we were able to buy the 1000s in late 04, weren't they an official 05 model?
I can't afford another bike unlesss I buy a cheap sports bike and cheaper tourer and f not for the wifes occasional ride I'd be happy to have a monoposto and this is my toy :cussing: a small compensation for having an MV...maybe it's time to put my foot down :argue: :bash: :naughty: :laughing:

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
odonata said:
buy it, buy it!!!

Watta ya waitn' for?!?!

:stickpoke :laughing: :stickpoke :naughty:
Just the bank giving me the money...How does that parody go...I owe I owe...I'm really spreading myself a bit thin without selling the speakers so threre is a chance the bank may knock me back...but if at first you don't succeed make more applications. :smoking:

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
admin said:
I also like bike #2. Clean, and there are no risks involved. You can easily take a look and test ride it.

I don't know about it being 04, as odonata said. But who cares :)
I said that but he said, it's an 04. :rolleyes:

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
Just the bank giving me the money...How does that parody go...I owe I owe...I'm really spreading myself a bit thin without selling the speakers so threre is a chance the bank may knock me back...but if at first you don't succeed make more applications.
I know what that's like... I am selling my 94 Supra turbo to pay for a portion of the Senna. we also got extra kidneys, hell, there is always the sperm bank...

I can't afford another bike unlesss I buy a cheap sports bike and cheaper tourer and f not for the wifes occasional ride I'd be happy to have a monoposto and this is my toy a small compensation for having an MV...maybe it's time to put my foot down
Does she know how to ride? maybe you can try to get her into riding and then ask her to buy her own bike... :stickpoke :stickpoke

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
odonata said:
Does she know how to ride? maybe you can try to get her into riding and then ask her to buy her own bike... :stickpoke :stickpoke
It's scary enough watching her on a pushbike. :eek:

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
My 750 was a 1 + 1. I took my wife for a short pillion ride just the once and she decided against a second trip. :cross: Can't blame her really. No, I didn't go fast! honest, :naughty: plus she has been a long suffering pillion passenger with me for the last 28 years! I just don't think F4's are cut out to be 2 seaters. Most sports bikes are the same for that matter, take the R1 for example. You have to be a dwarf with ultra short legs, otherwise your knees are next to your ears. Theres nothing to hold onto except the rider. You're head is exposed to the full blast of air coming over the top of the screen and as Odonata says, your arse is cooked medium-rare compliments of the organ pipes!!

I thought about getting my thou as a 1 + 1, but apart from ferrying a mate around if their bike was to break down, I don't think I would ever take a passenger. It's a personal choice of course but I'm glad I got the single seat version now. :cool:

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Medium-rare...mmmmm... :)

Jokes aside, :shocker: I love the Marchesini's and am leaning towards the bike biposto or not :spank:

Cheers guys for the advice, I think I'll be showing her the thread.

BTW everyone dont just think of me here, I'm also curious to know which bike would you choose.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Personally, I was faced with a similar situation in buying my new Brutale; There were two I was looking at, one 100 miles away, and another a thousand. The one further away was cheaper, but would need to be shipped (still cheaper though), and I preferred the color of the one closer to me.
It ultimately came down to tepidation over the fact I could not see the second bike in person, plus if there were any initial problems it could have been a major headache to remedy. So I went with the closer, more expensive one, though I did use the other bike as a barganing chip, and was actually able to get the price down to an acceptable difference.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I think sport bikes should only be mono posto. It's interesting that I don't see the general appeal of a bi-posto in the Ducati forums as I only see it in the MV forums. Even the resale value of a Ducati mono is higher than the bi by about $500~$1000. The dealership's end of the year left overs are typically bi-postos when it comes to Duc's, and possibly MV's (???). Most Duc owners look for the after market look of a mono if they own a bi, or try to buy the entire assembly to switch their bi-posto to a mono-posto. :conveyer:

I think it's kind of like sport cars, would you like to have a 4-door sports car?... (with all due respect to our bi-posto owners here)... just my personal thoughts..., no offense. :blah: :later:

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
kamranmarashi said:
I think it's kind of like sport cars, would you like to have a 4-door sports car?... (with all due respect to our bi-posto owners here)... just my personal thoughts..., no offense. :blah: :later:
Maybe you've never driven an M3 or an RX-8?
Though I actually agree when it comes to bikes; Most sport pillions are a joke, take the RC-51 for example, for some reason Japanese brands just can't make a monoposto, at least the Italians offer you a choice, and I do like that on the MV you can pull the passenger pegs off without having to but a new exhaust bracket (on the Brutale).
But, occasionally a rear seat comes in handy, but then again, some times it's handy not to have a rear seat.

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
Maybe you've never driven an M3 or an RX-8?
I know you are not disagreeing, but a small 2 seater is just sexier, only you and the girl, no room for inlaws :stickpoke

Or better yet, those center driver seating 3 seater, you and 2 girls! :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
odonata said:
Or better yet, those center driver seating 3 seater, you and 2 girls! :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:
Yes, a Mclaren F1 would do just right with that 3 seater arrangement :naughty:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts