MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
outside of looks and youth, the senna has updated ecu, brakes, forks, rear shock.

equal units were made of each (300), the answer to which is more special is up to you.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am partial as I own an Ago, but Senna is my F1 idol. Having been around when the MV's were being raced in Europe in the 60' and 70's I had to go with the Ago, primarily as Red/Silver is the traditional MV colors, any other color to me is not how I want my MV to look....my 2 cents

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
The 1000 Senna is a better and updated bike, but i prefer the looks of the AGO.
Tough choice, but you'll be good with either one.

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
are you still selling your ago?

Unfortunately someone in this thread...has recently taken ownership of it :bawling::bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

Congrats to Andy..he will make a great owner of a bike that will be surely (and already is terribly) missed.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I looked at a senna the other weekend and really liked it. I understand all the upgrades over the ago. really like the adjustable sachs suspension, brakes and carbon fiber parts. But i don't really get the Senna MV connection. Much more relevant with the Ago race history.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
The Senna MV connection is I think Claudio's relationship with Ayrton Senna or something. Dont remember the specifics. They both set up a charitable foundation for underprivileged children. And when Senna passed away this was a tribute.

I can see the significance of the Ago but the Senna is the dangles :)

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
The Senna MV connection is I think Claudio's relationship with Ayrton Senna or something. Dont remember the specifics. They both set up a charitable foundation for underprivileged children. And when Senna passed away this was a tribute.

I can see the significance of the Ago but the Senna is the dangles :)
Well...according to Wikipedia:

MV Agusta also made a limited number of F4 750 cc and F4 1000 cc "Ayrton Senna" editions in memory of the late Formula One Champion of the same name (who was an avid Ducati and MV Agusta collector) in aid of the Instituto Ayrton Senna, his charity foundation in Brazil for children and young people. 300 models of each were made in the early 2000s.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I'm seriously looking.
Which one do you guys prefer and why?
Which one is more special and rare?
You know....if you could buy both...there would be no question... :stickpoke :yo:

But I guess....even though I am a red/silver man....in this scenario, I would go with the Senna....which is the only darker bike I would consider...and it is tempting...:mouthwate

·
Living the Dream
2,755 Posts
i will cast my vote for a Senna as well, an upgrade in parts and engine. Especially if you plan on tracking it, you will get more out of the Senna for sure (just buy track plastics)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts