MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of selling off most of my dirt bike collection, and am thinking about picking up an MV. More as a collectors piece, but I may occassional ride it to/from church ( "church" is moto speak for mountain canyon riding....).

Which MV would you pick if you were to only buy one????....

Which MV would you pick to ride, and/or strickly to add to an exotic bike collection???....

Thanks for any replys

P.S....I have a small collection of Itallian exotics, including a number of off road, MX, enduro/isde and motard bikes; alone with a handfull of street bikes too. Because of age and health reasons, I am not able to ride off road any more, but I do some road riding at least occassionally. Hence, the thinning out of my off road bikes. I would like to pick up an MV in the near future, once I thin out the collection to make room....

thanks again :)

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
F4 Senna.

If you have the money and like the style, Tamburini.

F4 is the most exotic. Brutale is the most comfortable. :)

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
daotoys1 said:
What about a 750 ORO/gold series....if I can find one...???.. : :rolleyes: :
There was a great deal on one a few months back on e-bay (brutale). Dealer in Texas. I think it went for under MSRP. I'm not a fan of gold, so my fav is the Senna. But no doubt, an Oro is collectible brutale or F4. There was an F4 Oro recently sold on e-bay too.

Personally I would buy what moves you and as I'm sure you understand, none of these bikes are going to be collectible investments. MV continues to come out with new limited editions--case in point, the new Senna.

YMMV

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I agree with Gladio. It's really down to yourself, we all have our own favourites. If I was looking for a collectable, perhaps an F4 Oro as previously mentioned, but how about a Cascina Costa 750S America if you can find one. Those bikes along with the racing machines of the 60's and 70's gave me my first insight into the legend that is MV Agusta. Wish I had a 750S America in my garage :smoking:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im not interested in a vintage bike....Im interested in a modern generation MV.....

I agree that the vintage bikes are nice; but I have decided to stay with modern more recent bikes...

thanks for your reply(s)... :flat:

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Given your description of past bikes/interests and your condition I'd focus on a Brutale.

-Brutale Oro is 750 and long term probably the most identifiable limited bike

-Buy the America kit and install on a Brutale of your choice. 300 kits worldwide.

-Or a 910R

..depending on your colour preferences, budget and availability.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Gladio said:
...none of these bikes are going to be collectible investments...
Agree on this point.

If you are talking about values appreciating then I think you can forget about it. I don't know of a bike that was marketed as a Collectors Item that is actually worth more than it's RRP after a reasonable period of time.

IMO Italian bikes hold better resale than Jap bikes, but still depreciate, Limited Edition or not.

If in fact you are worried about losing money, just buy a Poster for the garage wall instead :stickpoke

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I think it would be a crying shame to invest in an MV and not to ride it.
To mearly to keep it as as museum piece, and thats up to the individual of course, but worse than this if you were to buy a limited edition MV and never to ride it, you would rob someone eles of the opportunity to ride/race a machine designed for this very thing!

Buy an F4 and put in a glass display case, thats bad enough, but please not a limited edition!

:)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have a number of Limited Edition bikes and most of them are ridden but only occasionally. I do however have a few bikes with duplicates in limited edition, that I have and do put a lot of time and miles on....

I have a number of specials including some Bimota(s), Vertemati(s), VOR(s), TM, and just this year picked up a Benelli Tornado TRE LE, which I will ride once the weather is back into season.....

I have been thinking of an MV for some time now, and will continue to patiently wait and look for just the right one....Im not in a real hurry...I do want to thin out my collection of off road bikes before I pick up on....

Im leaning toward either a 750 ORO/gold series or the Tamburini at this point....but will see how things fall into place as the year progresses.....

I do appreciate the input....what ever bike I get, it will be ridden at least on occasion.....I have a number of bikes that I ride and rack up miles on, but I also have a number of bikes that I see more as works of art to enjoy and keep in prestine condition. I am old and wise enough to know that bikes are not bought and sold well as for profit....that is not my desire.....I just like the Itallian exotics, as they so well blend form and function.....

:)

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
daotoys1 said:
I have a number of Limited Edition bikes and most of them are ridden but only occasionally. I do however have a few bikes with duplicates in limited edition, that I have and do put a lot of time and miles on....

I have a number of specials including some Bimota(s), Vertemati(s), VOR(s), TM, and just this year picked up a Benelli Tornado TRE LE, which I will ride once the weather is back into season.....
1. please post photos of your garage/collection
2. wanna adopt a 37 year old?

my suggestion - Senna F4 1000

alex

·
Registered
298 Posts
altoon said:
2. wanna adopt a 37 year old?

alex
LOL I'm with Alex on that one...Dad! :laughing:

It don't matter which one you get, daotoys1, ANY of the MVs are collectable, especially if they keep getting sold for 1 Euro! At this rate ALL our bikes will be collectable shortly...

My vote though, Senna or 1000 with Corse kit...yum
How about this for "Collectable":
http://www.thebikemuseum.com/actual_view.php?bike_id=126&type=forsale

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
MV-999R said:
Juan, when is yours suppose to arrive?
Very soon, but as of yet no sign of it :cussing:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Rockethouse

Rockethouse said:
If you have the money my votes with the Tambo or Senna. To me any MV's a collectable.
I agree all MV's are collectable. I went through a faze where I hunted collectable's or just wanted it. Very quickly you have more toys than you can enjoy. I found myself shining more than riding,if I wanted a investment should have bought a dealearship.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts