MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased an engine from a shop in Italy that was advertised as a 2007 910 Brutale. First off, I have no idea which 910. No 910 engines that I have looked up and seen on this forum look like this. After further review I am starting to doubt the accuracy. Can you help me identify which type it is so that I can finish my engine swap properly without buying stuff by trial and error? The valve cover, clutch and timing cover are magnesium.

Below are the numbers from the engine.

Engine # from back of engine. Back of head#
MV Agusta F41 BS3131
TA 6103393
AAAAAA

Can any one help me figure out what I have so I can get the correct ECU and what ever else I need?

Attached are pix of the engine. The valve cover and the original intake staks are in seperate pictures.
$_12.JPG

$_12-1.JPG

securedownload.jpeg

$_12-2.JPG

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Hi KD996, your names too bloody long :).
Welcome to the forum, I started this new thread for you, pretty sure CAG , Dave and Ed will sort you out quickly.

Welcome to the Forum.:yo:

The motor is a Euro 3, and it's a F4 motor, I think.:wtf:

Euro three because of the Cam cover, F4 because of the water line going to the heat exchanger on the right of the motor. But not Brutale because the 910R has a RED cam cover.

My opinion - I have no idea what motor this is until the smart guys can help with the engine numbers. I think someone threw a few parts together from different motors to sell this to you.

I'm going to bed, good luck.

·
Administrator
19,500 Posts
Definitely Euro 3 motor, so 2007 or later. Water piping looks like F4 and it also looks like an EBS hose going to that #2 intake boot.

Not sure about engine number, but the AAAAA is the main bearing size selection codes for the cases.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Which F4?

You all have been a lot of help so far. I will post some close up pix. This one is larger. I really appreciate all the info. The timing and clutch are painted grey. What F4 engine is it? Unfortunately the guy I got it from has no info on the bike it came from. Bad on me for not getting more info prior to buying. But what I have seen in this forum, there are some very MV savvy people on here, so I am hoping that someone can get me going in the right direction so I can get the right stuff to get my MV back out on the track.

Untill I know which ECU and harness to get, I'm stuck.

IMG_0982.JPG

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
KD996, you will need a wiring harness from a 312R at least, as well as a 5SM ECU. The problem is that if you want to install this on your Brutale, you will also need injectors and all the relays etc, there's a lot involved as you have seen in that other thread where you posted originally.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is going into my 2000 F4. Most of the harness will not be used since it will be a track only bike. I eliminated most of the harness on my 750. What ever it takes to get riding again. I am jonesing for some track time.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Reply from the factory!

I have contacted the factory, not much help and is it common to make up an engine serial number??

Dear Mr. Frederick,
we just received the information concerning the engine Number from our Data Center.
We don’t have any engine number with the given number in our archive.
This could be a personalization and you should ask directly to the seller.
Also because on the Brutale 910 model there were not the Magnesium Covers as standard equipment.

·
King of Bling
9,817 Posts
I still suspect this is a 312R lump or a 1000R lump with later replacement outer casing ( which is doubtful) ... But looking at the timing chain tensioner, it appears to be the early 750/1000S type, which doesn't make sense..

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
I still suspect this is a 312R lump or a 1000R lump with later replacement outer casing ( which is doubtful) ... But looking at the timing chain tensioner, it appears to be the early 750/1000S type, which doesn't make sense..

I agree John, I also saw the timing chain tensioner, which is real old style, but then there's the cam timing sensor which tells us at least 1000R.
But then that thermostat housing is early 1000S type also.
I wonder if the cam cover was not thrown on to make it look like a later model, or maybe a 1000R+ head thrown onto a older motor.

Best to pull the clutch cover and see how many bolts on that clutch, and have a look at the front sprocket spacing.

We need more pics.

·
Super Moderator
22,045 Posts
Just measure bore and stroke.......:stickpoke

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
As soon as I can I will get the clutch cover off and get more detailed pix. Let me know what what pictures you need to see and I will be sure to get those. I really appreciate everyones time on this.

·
Super Moderator
22,045 Posts
Anything I can look at on my 312R to help? Or on the 750 EVO for that matter?

·
Super Moderator
22,045 Posts
A former bubble head...of that I am guilty

1 - 20 of 35 Posts