MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I've been off the forum for a while, but I'm on the brink of buying another MV. I'm after one of the limited editions. Can you guys advise which of the following had the highest Retail Price RRP, when new?

- F4 1000 Senna
- F4 Ago
- F4 Tamburini

From my research I can see that technically the Senna is the highest spec with regards to the Suspension/Brakes power output, followed by Tamburini then Ago, although I believe the Tamburini has the variable intake Trumpets and also full Carbon bodywork I think?

Have I got that right? And which of the three is generally considered most desirable? I presume it's going to be the one that had the highest RRP when new?

Your opinions are welcome, Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
21,458 Posts
Oh boy, here we go again.

The Tamburini was the most expensive and, in my mind, the most desirable.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Tambo by a country mile.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Buy Doc Masis' F4CC, and put an end to this.....

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
The Tamburini utilised the periodic table waaaay more than the Senna or the Ago.
Highest RRP when new was the Tambo then the Senna followed by the Ago.
300 units of each were produced.

From memory the Tambo was offered at approximately $42,500.
Senna was $29,990.
Not too sure about the Ago.
Prices are in USD.

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
The Tamburini utilised the periodic table waaaay more than the Senna or the Ago.

Senna was $29,990.
Prices are in USD.
Not sure what the Ago retailed for Stateside but in NZ (and in NZD)

Tambo $85,000

Ago $79,995

Senna 1000 $69,995

Tambo is the best of the 3 by a country mile

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
I knew the price of the Tambo in New Zealand (our overseas friends may be surprised at these prices).
I did not know that the Senna & Ago were not much less expensive over here.
There were two Tambos sold in NZ. One to a guy in Wellington and a funny fellow in Christchurch snapped one up. Both named Chris.
Then some arsehole imported one from the USA and now it seems like everyone has one.....:):f4:

As a reference an F4CC was never sold in New Zealand.

Based on the exchange rate back in late 2005 it would have retailed at $210,000 NZD.

·
Administrator
18,859 Posts
Buy Doc Masis' F4CC, and put an end to this.....

What he said !!!!! Most Powerful, Most exotic parts, Highest spec components, Least number of bikes made.. :f4:

I used to lust for the Tambo and thought it was the most beautiful machine....until I had a chance to "tinker" with Dave's CC....I began to truly appreciate the beauty of the detail.

Still would like a Tambo, and probably better chance of being able to buy one...but the good doctor's bike is a freaking STEAL. (especially of the jacket fits!!!)

If I win the Lottery tonight it WILL be mine!!:popcorn:

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
There were two Tambos sold in NZ. One to a guy in Wellington and a funny fellow in Christchurch snapped one up. Both named Chris.
Then some arsehole imported one from the USA and now it seems like everyone has one.....:):f4:
Hey......F4 Rambos aren't that common :drummer:

Attachments

·
Registered
729 Posts

Senna was $29,990.
Prices are in USD.
Dave, the Ago listed for $25,995 in the USA

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Okay, thanks guys. I dropped a deposit on the Senna. It seemed good value compared to prices i have observed for Ago, Tambos and other Sennas over the last couple years here in oz. i potentially agree that the Tambo is the best looking altough there aint much in it imo. although the senna did it for me with those monoblock brembos and the red frame. Less then half what people here are asking for a tambo. Agree tambo must be the most desirable.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
As an alternative have you ever considered building your own one off, like Andrew is doing with his Mona Lisa?

As desirable as the LE bikes are they one of a limited series, building your very own bike from a combination of MV and choice after market items will give you a chance to get a true one off special.

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
As an alternative have you ever considered building your own one off, like Andrew is doing with his Mona Lisa?

As desirable as the LE bikes are they one of a limited series, building your very own bike from a combination of MV and choice after market items will give you a chance to get a true one off special.
A bottomless money pit you mean.

Andrew's bike is a 'one off' ...absolutely magnificent....but I have a feeling he spent a fair bit of loot. As an insured objet d'art he knows exactly what it's worth, but if he wished to sell it, only an idiot like me would actually pay him a fair price relative to his input

1 - 20 of 98 Posts