MV Agusta Forum banner

Based upon these choices, which would you rather have and why?

• 750 SPR

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • 1000 AGO

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • 1000 R

Votes: 24 64.9%

• Total voters
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea another "vs." thread...

Thinking about options for the day when im ready to add another bike to my stable. So far i've narrowed it down to the bikes listed in the poll...

The bike will be mainly for mountain twisties duty. Im thinking maybe a 750 would be more suitable. I've not rode the F4-750 however, and the downside is it would most likely be preowned if I find one.

These are the bikes I have in mind:

750 SPR
1000 AGO
1000 R

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
If you plan to ride it more than keep it in the garage get the R
If you want it mostly as a "collectable" item get the AGO

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the SPR is lighter, and could satisfy the needs quite well, the fastest guy up in the mountains rides a 250.

what's the general status of the SPR bikes? All sold out to private owners? Any "new in the crate" to be found?

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
I say SPR as well, I prefer smaller and lighter, esp. on the street, and they are by far one of the coolest MV's, but I refuse to buy used bikes.
I think of it this way, if a car is abused and something goes wrong, you could get stranded. If a bike has a problem and something goes wrong, you could die.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
MV-999R said:
:laughing: :laughing: I love your (and Pete's) loyalty to the 750 :laughing:

BTW............... you have 999 posts :king: :D
I've ridden 1000, 750 and 750 Senna, SPR......both road and track. My loyalty remains..SPR is my preferred. :conveyer:

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
750s are where it's at. 1000s are soooo yesterday - MV and Ducati are both upping the ante to 1100. So SPR, and besides, Black is the new black.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
ddnuts said:
I Want The Veltro.
How about the upcoming 1100R? :) You either love it or hate it. Before the ink on the dotted line for your new 1 of 300 Limited Edition is even dry, they released another batch. :blah: But I digress, as long as you love your 1/300.

·
Registered
604 Posts
From what I read about the Veltro, it's suppose to be the bee's knees (I have no idea what that means, but I do know it's a good thing). The race version... It weighs nothing and is faster than all hell. Look out Hayden and Rossi. Make room for the dog ears.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
are you sure the SPR is lighter than the 1000's? i'm not too sure about that. from MV's site...SPR-413.6 AGO-413.6 1000R-423.3.

i think for what you are looking for...it comes down to choice in motor. i'd do SPR and let that motor scream through the canyons.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Wheres the tick box for Tamburini :stickpoke

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
MV-999R said:
:laughing: :laughing: I love your (and Pete's) loyalty to the 750 :laughing:

BTW............... you have 999 posts :king: :D

Hey I did say 'for YOUR use' :laughing: To be honest the 1000R in black would be my choice if I was just coming to the MV party. The 750 would be a perfect canyon bike.

I would have answered a 1000 if he was asking about riding on the highway :flickoff:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts