MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did not see any reccommendations listed on the FAQ page here: http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1726657#post1726657
so just curious what oil should i put in my 910 B4 ?
I will not replace the oil filter this time, just replacing the oil.
Will a semi-synthetic be a better choice than full-synthetic or just non-synthetic will do ?
My B4 currently has about 14, 000 miles on it.
Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts

·
Administrator
19,841 Posts
Oh good...another oil thread. :conveyer:

I use ENI (AGIP) 10-60 full synthetic as called for in my owner and service manuals.

Next.... :brutale:

·
Registered
418 Posts
You guys are so lucky in the US, I tried to buy 4 litres of our own Penrite 10w-60 from a reputable auto shop here in Aus (Repco) and they say I have to buy 20 litres at a time (and even with discount - it's $350 for 20 litres).

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
You guys are so lucky in the US, I tried to buy 4 litres of our own Penrite 10w-60 from a reputable auto shop here in Aus (Repco) and they say I have to buy 20 litres at a time (and even with discount - it's $350 for 20 litres).
You're not looking at the right shop mate.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
486 Posts
Paul if you get on the penrite website there's an easy search function that will tell you what stores stock specific products.
When I was looking for a test 4L bottle there were only 2 shops in all Sydney that had it:ahhh:

·
Administrator
19,841 Posts

·
Vendor
5,335 Posts
I did not see any reccommendations listed on the FAQ page here: http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1726657#post1726657
so just curious what oil should i put in my 910 B4 ?
I will not replace the oil filter this time, just replacing the oil.
Will a semi-synthetic be a better choice than full-synthetic or just non-synthetic will do ?
My B4 currently has about 14, 000 miles on it.
Thanks in advance!
The oil filter is just as important as changing the oil.Replace it.

·
Registered
14,500 Posts
?

paperback:

Go to the Pep Boys in Temecula......

See if they'll price match Walmart .....they did for me today

a 5 quart bottle of Mobil 1 15/50 full synthetic for $22.88

Pickup the highest quality filter a Purolator PL-14612 for $7.19

total without tax $30.07

For 5 quarts and a filter

:drummer:

·
Registered
418 Posts
Paul if you get on the penrite website there's an easy search function that will tell you what stores stock specific products.
When I was looking for a test 4L bottle there were only 2 shops in all Sydney that had it:ahhh:
Thanks midget, if it makes you feel any better, there is exactly ONE (1) shop that stock it in Brissy :), I really want to try out the new Penrite atm, before I deviate from factory spec and go lighter weight 10w-50 to see if I can get some improvement in a couple of departments. My engine runs a little hot at the lights (102 C), and neutral is a bit illusive at times.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I'm a bit loyal to my local Repco Donsy, they've looked after me well over the years, getting stuff in that they don't stock etc. and discount almost always offered even though I'm not trade.
heya Paul the price you were quoted of $350 for 20L aint the trade price.....hell it aint even a discount:mad:

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Yeah, I know now. That's a retail price, though to be fair, they called Penrite, got the price (over $400) then tell me I can have it for $350.
They are taking the piss, not looking after you :) Tho to be fair, it you want to fork out $350 for oil for you bike.. be my guest!

·
Vendor
5,335 Posts
I can supply you Brisbane guys with Penrite oil.
20 litres for $240.00,conditions are you have to buy 20 litres minimum,you have to pay me at work by phone and you have to pick the oil up at Penrite's warehouse in Brisbane.I spend thousands of dollars with Penrite and they look after me,so I can pass that discount onto you.

MC410W60004.png

·
Vendor
5,335 Posts
Thanks midget, if it makes you feel any better, there is exactly ONE (1) shop that stock it in Brissy :), I really want to try out the new Penrite atm, before I deviate from factory spec and go lighter weight 10w-50 to see if I can get some improvement in a couple of departments. My engine runs a little hot at the lights (102 C), and neutral is a bit illusive at times.
You want the 10w60 full synthetic.
The 10w50 is semi synthetic.
Your going backwards there.

MC410W500025.png

1 - 20 of 33 Posts