MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This seems like a dumb question because with my Ducatis, it's been super easy to buy OEM parts on the internet, but this seems much more difficult for MVs. Is there a go-to place to get parts that isn't the stealer (ideally in the US?)? Bike in question is an F3 800.

·
Administrator
19,804 Posts
Any body selling on-line in the US would be a dealer...no one else can order the parts.....

StarTwin is the "go to" source for many, but shipping is stupid money unless you contact them and arrange less secure shipping than their standard. Good for getting part numbers and price estimates. By the way, pricing for the US dealers is different than the Euro dealers due to air shipping costs from Italy. Everything shipped to US dealers comes DHL.

You can contact The DucShop in Marietta GA by phone or email. They are very responsive.

From their web site:

Contact us by phone at 770-858-0074 or by email.

For MV Agusta sales,Ducati and MV parts, service and performance information: [email protected]

Some other dealers will also mail order, but no one has a on-line system anymore. MV is a boutique brand, not like all the common bikes out there, so parts sales profits probably doesn't pay for the cost of setting up an on-line store.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I cant speak highly enough of EvolutionBike in Italy, the last OEM parts I ordered arrived within 8 days to Singapore (gaskets/seals/gear sensor)
Always easy and pleasant to deal with.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Any body selling on-line in the US would be a dealer...no one else can order the parts.....

StarTwin is the "go to" source for many, but shipping is stupid money unless you contact them and arrange less secure shipping than their standard. Good for getting part numbers and price estimates. By the way, pricing for the US dealers is different than the Euro dealers due to air shipping costs from Italy. Everything shipped to US dealers comes DHL.

You can contact The DucShop in Marietta GA by phone or email. They are very responsive.

From their web site:

Contact us by phone at 770-858-0074 or by email.

For MV Agusta sales,Ducati and MV parts, service and performance information: [email protected]

Some other dealers will also mail order, but no one has a on-line system anymore. MV is a boutique brand, not like all the common bikes out there, so parts sales profits probably doesn't pay for the cost of setting up an on-line store.
I cant help but feel that Startwin are deliberately milking the shipping costs. I use them often, but always have a bitter taste in my mouth when the shipping cost is more than the cost of the parts and I know UPS dont charge as much as what Startwin is charging.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Just an OEM left mirror. Someone broke mine off while it was parked. I started a separate thread this morning in the classifieds section.
Where in the world are you?

I have a left mirror left over after I tried doing a Rossi front dismount and accidentally kicked my right mirror across the parking lot. Ended up buying a mirror set from China.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Where in the world are you?

I have a left mirror left over after I tried doing a Rossi front dismount and accidentally kicked my right mirror across the parking lot. Ended up buying a mirror set from China.
Ha! Live and learn. I'm in California.

·
Administrator
19,804 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,306 Posts
Agreed!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I’ve used them a couple of times to South Africa. My most recent order was finalised on Friday, and will be delivered today - not bad.

It did take a while to finalise the order though, as I wanted some very odd things, that they didn’t stock, and waited two weeks for from the factory.

·
Registered
113 Posts
The price differences though, with startwin, cause eveything on https://www.bike-parts-mv.com is in £ (pound sterling). Startwin is cheaper by at least 9% on the Items I checked. I've used startwin many times and have gotten good service and feedback.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I’ve also used Startwin a couple of times with no issues.
I tend to compare the prices between the two. Bikeparts were the cheapest this time round, but they messed up my order a bit (or rather, they got the incorrect colour codes from the factory...)
Shipping it back will almost cost more than the original part...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts