MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, so I got some F4 passenger pegs for my 1078 but they need to be touched up in a few spots (not completely repainted). Where can I get the correct color? Needs to be mail order since I am in Seoul.

I figured this must've been covered previously but my searches didn't turn up any answers.

Thanks,

John

·
Super Moderator
22,636 Posts
I would NOT try for an exact match. The separation from those hangers to anything else is too far to do a direct comparison. Make it easy on yourself and go for close.

·
Super Moderator
22,636 Posts
I just edited my post because what I meant to say is not what I typed. I wouldn't try for an exact match, but I would respray the entire assembly, pegs and hangers. Using a similar easily available silver.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Unbolt them take them to a body/paint shop and they should be able to do it without issue. Regardless of color. If it were me, I would spot in the color and apply a coat of clear to the assembly like Chuck said and done.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. I guess I will start looking for a paint store or body shop around here. It would be easy in the US but not so much here.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
I just edited my post because what I meant to say is not what I typed. I wouldn't try for an exact match, but I would respray the entire assembly, pegs and hangers. Using a similar easily available silver.
Yes me too Chuck..and then favourable results can be achieved.

Plus..Ya still have money for beer !:naughty:

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Thanks guys. I guess I will start looking for a paint store or body shop around here. It would be easy in the US but not so much here.
Would you like me to source some paint here in UK. ? There are good sellers.

I'd need to check into the regs for air transport of aerosols

joe

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Would you like me to source some paint here in UK. ? There are good sellers.

I'd need to check into the regs for air transport of aerosols

joe
Wow, thanks for the offer! I will try talking to my coworkers first and see what I can come up with. I feel sure there must be an appropriate place here. If not, I may take you up on your offer.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Wow, thanks for the offer! I will try talking to my coworkers first and see what I can come up with. I feel sure there must be an appropriate place here. If not, I may take you up on your offer.
Anytime I can help please dont hesitate to ask me : )

Joe

·
Super Moderator
22,636 Posts
You can just hit up a general store or building supply or hardware store and find rattle can silver. You would be surprised what you can do with that.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Did you say F4 passenger pegs?! You mean the ones to mount on the tank cap?
Hmm, I'm not sure if you're kidding or if there's a difference in terminology.
I mean, having my wife ride with her feet on the gas tank might be a bit uncomfortable. Is this like some kinky kumasatra sorta thing?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts